Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Latest activities from my perspective...
  • Fixing numerous bugs in SectionScroller - the fast scroll thing on e.g. contacts - (so it doesn't get stuck on screen, so it follows your finger, and some nicer animation on it)
  • Making Helium (the web browser) smaller in terms of size by removing some unused junk, and making it start up faster (from around 6 seconds down to around 2.8s for me)
  • Testing an X server upgrade which removes numerous flicker/visual glitch bugs
  • The start of integrating notifications to lipstick (the new homescreen) - work ongoing
  • The start of a mail client: qmlmail. Needs QMF update from Mer before it can be integrated, and won't yet have an accounts UI, but it's a start
  • The N9 kernel update project

... probably lots more I'm missing

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
  • Fixing numerous bugs in SectionScroller - the fast scroll thing on e.g. contacts - (so it doesn't get stuck on screen, so it follows your finger, and some nicer animation on it)
  • Making Helium (the web browser) smaller in terms of size by removing some unused junk, and making it start up faster (from around 6 seconds down to around 2.8s for me)
  • Testing an X server upgrade which removes numerous flicker/visual glitch bugs
Holy crap, these changes I'm eager to get.

By the way, is it by design that I can't swipe an app's splash image away? Helium and AppsforMeego are the two worst offenders here with obscene startup times (both apps are snappy once completely loaded, though)

On Harmattan, you can swipe away an app's splash/placeholder image.

Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
By the way, is it by design that I can't swipe an app's splash image away?
Nope: https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=230

But speaking of gestures, you remind me that gestures will soon (hopefully!) animate as your finger moves. The animation won't start once you take your finger off the screen like it does now

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
Ah, there's also some more I missed:
  • Messages now shows the name/avatar of the contact in the conversation list
  • Use of themedaemon in qt-components (provides somewhat drastic speedup to application launches, a few hundred ms)
  • Work on an upgrade to Qt 4.8.3, fixes numerous bugs (obviously) and also speeds up application launching by ~20ms
  • Work on integrating a patch I landed to 4.8.4, which provides a further 10-20ms speedup to QML application launching

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post:
I've just installed Nemo for N900 (2012.08.31 image) and it seems there is no way to add a wifi hidden network.
When I select "hidden network" in the list of detected access points, I fill the three fields (name, passphrase and ssid), then click "done", but after refreshing the access point list, my network does not appear.
Does any body experience the same issue ?

Last edited by pierrem; 2012-10-05 at 13:04.

Originally Posted by pierrem View Post
I've just installed Nemo for N900 (2012.08.31 image) and it seems there is no way to add a wifi hidden network.
When I select "hidden network" in the list of detected access points, I fill the three fields (name, passphrase and ssid), then click "done", but after refreshing the access point list, my network does not appear.
Does any body experience the same issue ?
Can you please file this as a bug on https://bugs.nemomobile.org?

Originally Posted by w00t View Post
Can you please file this as a bug on https://bugs.nemomobile.org?
I checked nemo bugzilla before posting here: it seemed unlikely that nobody except me experienced this problem. Since I did not see any bug report, I was pretty sure that I missed a configuration option somewhere. That's why I came here to ask.

but sure... when my subscription email from mer project is dropped in my inbox, I will file a bug.[EDIT: DONE]

Last edited by pierrem; 2012-10-05 at 15:03.

The Following User Says Thank You to pierrem For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pierrem View Post
I checked nemo bugzilla before posting here: it seemed unlikely that nobody except me experienced this problem.
Speaking from personal experience, I don't think we have many contributors with hidden wifi, so it's certainly possible to slip past

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Bluetooth not.
WiFi maybe but definitely only for visible networks.
Calls outgoing not at all, incoming were one time detected (phone riniging), but could not answer. Other time not detected at all (on caller side was ringing normally).
file manger do not know
Slipped through
But was not filed as bug, just as feedback.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
Holy crap, these changes I'm eager to get.
A new version of Helium has been released, and should be a bit faster. Give it a shot.

In other news, here's some screenshots of the current early state of Mail:

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to w00t For This Useful Post: