Poll: Do you want to buy one, and why? (Votes are public)
Poll Options
Do you want to buy one, and why? (Votes are public)

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
This batch almost complete.
Shipping hopefully on wednesday 10.12.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
While updating I was getting error messages from the store. So I thought I'll try unsinstalling and then reinstalling from the store.

But now the phone doesn't seem to recognize my TOHOLED at all. I doesn't ask permission for install and the screen is dead. Any way to fix this?

something wrong with NFC detection?
dbus-monitor --system | grep TOHID
and attach toholed.

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Same here: something wrong with NFC detection apparently as we discussed by email. Toholed works though, after the manual installation.

NFC is working with my The First One OH.

Sometimes toholed stops working and I suspect a bad contact somewhere, I can restart it easily by running systemctl restart harbour-toholed.service as root.

Please check also which revision you have, on top right corner inside toh,
if it says REV5 and you have problems, i can replace it for cost of stamps.

The EEPROM read algorithm will be improved in u10, which makes it easier to attach toholed. (now if the electrical contact is not good when microswitch is pressed, it will not start daemon)

Toholed V1.00, serial number 003, March 26th 2014.

By the way, do you have a rough ETA for the final design that you would ship at some point (no worries, just asking, I'm not impatient at all, my toholed already works).

Kabouik: As you have the really old prototype, PLA printed black, IIRC it does not have dimple to press microswitch. That's why it does not start automatically

Now that finally explains why I was very dubious when Dirk told me the material was the same for my toholed and my diptoh/tohkbd1.

The PLA material was good, smooth and strong (permanent) colour, though a bit prone to deformations when overheating.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Problem solved. EDIT: it just strangly started working all of sudden. Don't know why.

Kaikkea mahdollista koitin ja mikään ei toiminut. Sitten avasin noin miljoonannen kerran kuoren tarkistaakseni tuon revikkanumeron, jonka mainitsit. Just silloin Jolla päätti puoliskon tunnistaa, asensi ohjelmat ja nyt kaikki pelittää ihan OK.

Last edited by Rauha; 2014-12-09 at 13:24.

Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Problem solved. EDIT: it just strangly started working all of sudden. Don't know why.
Software moves in mysterious ways

Tags
jolla toh, toholed