Active Topics

Notices

I just installed and tried the latest build on my N800. Great work! The tearing is reduced quite a bit and the playback is smoother now. I've been testing on the same set of videos, so its noticable. Keep up the good work!

I just updated to the new version, tearing is really much better.
I also converted some movies and recognized something interesting according to my sync problem. Again, there is a movie which is out of sync, every time. I tried many bitrate settings, and only 32kbit audio works well, indipendent of the video bitrate. According to mplayer -identify on the original file, it is 160kbit mp3 so it is constant. Maybe that's some kind of a hint.

Again, great work on the mplayer project, serge

Posts: 503 | Thanked: 267 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Helsinki
Those who are using MPlayer to watch videos on N800 (if such people exist) should wait with upgrading to the new firmware a bit. The latest build of MPlayer does not work there. The older build (mplayer_1.0rc1-maemo.9) that used Xv for video output still randomly gets stuck with it. I'll try to provide more details (and probably a fix) a bit later.

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Sweden
Just flashed my N800 and mplayer_1.0rc1-maemo.11.800 works if I run mplayer -vo xv or -vo sdl.
The downside is that there's alot of stuttering and dropped frames in high motion scenes. But there's no tearing at all
DivX 512x384 @ 1000kbps 30fps (guess the fps is to high)

Wow, that's a big movie! Have you tried lower rates and resolutions with this settings? I guess it's time to reinstall mplayer. I just deinstalled it, cause it won't work with the new firmware(out of the box)...

I'm copying another movie to my N800, don't know how to make clips, so I have to copy the whole thing and my SD card is slow as hell, be back in about 15 minutes

Juhe, I am waiting
Btw: Now that I now what params to set, to make mplayer work somehow, I could test it on my own... will be back in about 10 Minutes

woow, works really good. I tried a movie, which I tried today before flashing. Maybe I just imagine that, but it seems to have better performance. Tearing is also NULL.

Did a test encode of a fighting scene from fearless, xvid @ ~1000kbps vbr 400x160 23.975 fps.
The whole clip is high motion and there's absolutly no tearing and no dropped frames/stuttering. I'll do some more experiments with higher resolutions and bitrate.

1000kbps is already high enough, I think. I recode my Movies to 512kbps :-S