Notices

Yep, that's fixed in the latest version. :-)

Ok, the latest version is in extras-devel: http://maemo.org/packages/view/katana/. Note that it won't enter extras-testing (and therefore extras) until PR 1.2 because of the Qt 4.6 dependency.

Next on the agenda is adding settings for font size and starting a new line for each verse. After that I'll likely work on adding the ability to download texts off the internet.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to joshn53 For This Useful Post:
Enabled extra-devel and it gave me option to update.
Search works very well now when searching Entire Bible, Gospels, New Testament and Old Testament ( Though you no option to clear the search results after you have found the verse you are looking for)

Does not crash when typing on the keyboard

Waiting for PR 1.2 to be released so that we can promote Katana

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
firstly, brilliant job on bringing this to the N900.
I feel that it isn't far from being a great app.

The verse spacing is being worked on so that's cool but the thing that is preventing me using it as a fulltime app is the slowness of the search. Not sure if that is the app itself or just on my N900 but it takes a few minutes to find a string of text?
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Originally Posted by cardiff-blues View Post
firstly, brilliant job on bringing this to the N900.
I feel that it isn't far from being a great app.

The verse spacing is being worked on so that's cool but the thing that is preventing me using it as a fulltime app is the slowness of the search. Not sure if that is the app itself or just on my N900 but it takes a few minutes to find a string of text?
Can you give an example of a search you did and how long it took you. I would like to give it a try and see how long it takes too

Yes, I will perform another search and actually time it this time. I will post back.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

Ok first test results:

I searched for 'born again' across the entire Bible and it took exactly 3 mins and 15 seconds.

Originally Posted by cardiff-blues View Post
Ok first test results:

I searched for 'born again' across the entire Bible and it took exactly 3 mins and 15 seconds.
I think it is dependent on the bible version you are using.

I did a search using the KJV and MKJV and these are my results

KJV

"Born Again" 1 minute 30 seconds
"In the Beginning" 1 minute 25 seconds

MKJV

"Born Again" 8.36 seconds
"In the Beginning" 11.15 seconds

The Following User Says Thank You to doksng For This Useful Post:
That seems to be correct. How odd! Is there any reason why the KJV takes so long compared with MKJV?

Incidentally, I just did the same test on KJV and it only took 1 min 30+ seconds that time.

Tags
bible, maemo 5, rapier, reference browser, religious apps, scripture reader, sword