you shouldnt use it while driving well i have shortcut of fmms on my desktop, the procedure to send mms with fmms is the same with most other phones the only extra step is to connect to mms network manually

Posts: 702 | Thanked: 334 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel.
Originally Posted by vietn900 View Post
you shouldnt use it while driving well i have shortcut of fmms on my desktop, the procedure to send mms with fmms is the same with most other phones the only extra step is to connect to mms network manually
Well then it's one step too much for sending
And what about receiving?

Hello, for the dutch people;

http://tweakers.net/nieuws/65984/tes...eze-maand.html

test version MeeGo for Nokia N900 comes end this month

The first test version of the new mobile operating system must twist MeeGo before the end of March on N900 and on Atom-laptops. Nokia kondigde previous month to that Maemo in new Linux-OS would go up.

According to Valtteri Halla, which are at Nokia responsible for development of MeeGo, the first test version becomes a extremely harsh basis implementation. That probably means that N900-gebruikers it are possible DC, however,but can do further still little. Also users of Atom-laptops and - netbooks not yet serious the DC to the battle, new with, are possible.

MeeGo are new a DC and end up Maemo van Nokia and Moblin van Intel. Maemo have been based on Linux an operating system that on Internet tab internettablets and on the smartpone N900 twists. For Moblin van Intel LG has already, however, made a smartphone, but for the rest this operating system is find still but on few apparatuss. He expects that all steps in the development of DC for everyone be to follow

MeeGo can then on two opensource platforms have been based, but according to Halla MeeGo must still more open become than Maemo and Moblin.

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by vietn900 View Post
I am able to use the internet access point from tmobile with the setting put in and I dont have an extra access point. I use the same one for internet and mms. You have to edit the proxy server settings for your tmobile access point and you dont have to have two. I only have two settings for internet-my wifi at home and the wireless settings from tmobile usa. I just leave the tmobile ap on all the time unless I have to download something.

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by Holographic91 View Post
Hello, for the dutch people;

http://tweakers.net/nieuws/65984/tes...eze-maand.html

test version MeeGo for Nokia N900 comes end this month

The first test version of the new mobile operating system must twist MeeGo before the end of March on N900 and on Atom-laptops. Nokia kondigde previous month to that Maemo in new Linux-OS would go up.

According to Valtteri Halla, which are at Nokia responsible for development of MeeGo, the first test version becomes a extremely harsh basis implementation. That probably means that N900-gebruikers it are possible DC, however,but can do further still little. Also users of Atom-laptops and - netbooks not yet serious the DC to the battle, new with, are possible.

MeeGo are new a DC and end up Maemo van Nokia and Moblin van Intel. Maemo have been based on Linux an operating system that on Internet tab internettablets and on the smartpone N900 twists. For Moblin van Intel LG has already, however, made a smartphone, but for the rest this operating system is find still but on few apparatuss. He expects that all steps in the development of DC for everyone be to follow

MeeGo can then on two opensource platforms have been based, but according to Halla MeeGo must still more open become than Maemo and Moblin.
Are you using a translator? It is very hard to follow.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Belgium

Posts: 289 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Tampere, Finland
What all this means in practise is discussed in Meego: Towards Day One

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
It seems to me that many people are thinking of MeeGo way too much. As the LG GW990 will be the first MeeGo device it still is moblin device with lg's own gui with a new name. Much like Maemo6/harmatta/Nokia's release of MeeGo will be maemo. The fact that Nokia, Intel and Linux foundation just got together and they haven't even got in bed yet. When harmatta release will be out it really doesn't matter if the meego koalition of releases that has been done or will be done has the same kernel or not as nothing else will be but the name and Qt framework. It's much like saying that debian and opensuse are the same thing as they have pretty much the same kernel.

I wouldn't expect hearing nothing but big promises about meego for year and half from now because that will be the time that nokia and intel will need to get married properly. Sad thing is that it seems that nokia puts us to look for the future again.

The question is that will Nokia have enough energy to support N900 properly. Wether N900 will have harmatta or not. Nokia isn't that great when dealing software development, but big company like nokia should be able to support multiple versions of os releases (not saying that they will be).

I like my N900 and I think the major problem with that device is not the software (which is pretty buggy) but the hardware, you can't use n900 more than 2 hours and then battery is drained. And now I'm talking about real usage, not that my phone would drain it's battery by lying on table.

Wether or not n900 will have MeeGo OS or not I don't think it will be such a huge deal as new software will be coming and will be mostly compatible thanks to Qt. I never truly liked maemo as it was just nokia's own toy and no one else was never interested or able to get it. Nokia never said that they might start licensing it so that other vendors would be able to use maemo. I don't trust nokia when it comes to software but now that they have other vendors with them I have little more faith in MeeGo. It is left to be seen if it will ever get anywhere or not.

The Following User Says Thank You to darthjysky For This Useful Post:

Tags
just a bunch of