Notices

I would like to load these drivers automatically on bootup. I created the following script in /etc/event.d . The wifi driver loads up fine, however the device looses the ability to enumerate the APs in the wifi applet.
Seems there is something going wrong. I couldnt find any rc.local on N900 where i could use this script rather than /etc/event.d.

Code:
start on started hildon-desktop
stop on ACT_DEAD
stop on starting shutdown

console none

script
    cd /home/user/lxp
    sh load.sh
end script

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California
Why isn't WifiEye app compatible with the b-e driver?

Originally Posted by davidxfoo View Post
Seems that the driver is not stable. In the monitor mode, it captures for some time and then the interface wlan0 may disappear. ifconfig can make the interface up again. However, the interface drop is really annoying. Any suggestion? Thanks.
I haven't been able to track down the problem nor any workaround. I presume that there's something SEGFAULTing, but I'm not sure how to track it down. Thanks for confirming that it's not just a problem with me though. I'll be sure to post back if I make any progress on this. If anyone knows where I can get more info to debug this (logs, stacktraces, etc.)... now is the time to speak up.

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
hi all i am follwoing this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LRSxQ7UoAc
and at 3:20 what is my file name here airdump-ng [channel of access point] --bssid mac address of access point] --ivs -w [FILENAME???????] mon0

how do i find what should i type here?????

EDIT: i have downloaded all the stuff and installed things from this single post http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=914062&postcount=1

Originally Posted by nicholes View Post
hi all i am follwoing this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LRSxQ7UoAc
and at 3:20 what is my file name here airdump-ng [channel of access point] --bssid mac address of access point] --ivs -w [FILENAME???????] mon0

how do i find what should i type here?????

EDIT: i have downloaded all the stuff and installed things from this single post http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=914062&postcount=1
If you can't even figure this out maybe you shopuld take up a differnet hobby like ponies or cakes or flowers or somthing.

If you bothered to read the manual you will know it is whatever name you want to call your packet dump file.

-_-

mp-fremantle-203-pr:depends: osslo-wlan(=3.0.20+0m5) but (3.0.20+0m5-1) is to be installed

Originally Posted by hawaii View Post
edit the control file and update the version to remove the extraneous version "-1".
getting this issue and this solution seems to make alot more sense to me than down and upgrading all the time.

Can you point me towards the control file?

EDIT: sorry found it http://forums.internettablettalk.com...d.php?p=918199

Last edited by mrexcess; 2011-03-03 at 02:56.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by ryan.campini View Post
anybody know why these two connections always open once i start inet connection?
disconnect internet but connections stay open? never disappear.

so am i really connected to the internet or is this a bug with kernel that jus says they are open but really they are not ??? postin in this thread cus it started when i installed 10power46wl1 kernel.thnx
It's checking your e-mail and probably has nothing to do with this kernel. If you have MfE or email account set to auto-check every X minutes, it checks immediately every time you connect regardless of the schedule. It's annoying and causes initial lag every time when connecting...

The only "solution" I've found is to disable all automatic email updates and only sync manually.

The Following User Says Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
This is kind of a duplicate post, but may be more appropriate under this thread:

why can i only see channel 6?

I believe i'm using the correct driver which came from here.

And the instructions i followed were from here.

Originally Posted by windows7 View Post
This is kind of a duplicate post, but may be more appropriate under this thread:

why can i only see channel 6?

I believe i'm using the correct driver which came from here.

And the instructions i followed were from here.
Not sure how relevant this is but i have followed the instruction to extract the tar file (no root), installed all the required .deb files (with root), but loading the drivers gives me errors
# cd MyDocs/wl1251-maemo/binary/compat-wireless
# sh load.sh
insmod: error inserting 'compat.ko': -1 Invalid module format
'rfkill_backport.ko': -1 Invalid module format,
'cfg80211.ko': -1 Invalid module format,
'mac80211.ko': -1 Invalid module format,
'wl1251.ko': -1 Invalid module format,
'wl1251_spi.ko': -1 Invalid module format
ifconfig SIOCGIFFLAGS: No such device

I think this is where the problem is...
can anyone please help me?

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 585 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ London, England
You didn't say you rebooted after installing the debs. The drivers require you to be running a modified version of the power kernel, which is what is included in the debs, and you need to reboot so you are running the kernel you just installed.

Tags
driver, injection, wl1251