Active Topics

Does this port work on 6.0.1 also with dual boot

well does multirom work with android 6.0.1? if it does your golden

My primary rom is the m developer preview 3, with the secondary rom being sailfish, works just fine.

Last edited by nh1402; 2016-01-08 at 07:57.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Drekkie View Post
Sure, should be this one.

https://bugs.nemomobile.org/show_bug.cgi?id=820

The discussion towards the end of it is explicitly about debugging the orientation freeze, where repro/logs are requested.
So i finally saw this behavior happen in real time. I was holding the phone in portrait mode reading a text in the Messages app. An email came in and displayed the brief notification at the top of the screen, the phone vibrated, and the orientation of my text immediately switched to landscape and stayed there even though the phone was still held in portrait orientation.

I had disabled the debug logging after running it for several days with no incident so didn't capture it. Might play around with this when i have time to see if i can repro on demand, but curious if anyone else sees this same thing. If so i can post to the bug.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drekkie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
I guess we all see the same thing. It affects the orientation, the "low power mode" (if enabled) and your battery life!

The Following User Says Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:
I just love running SfOS 2.0.0.10 on my Nexus 5, the downside is my N900 spends more and more time in the box.

MultiROMing under Marshm 6/6.0.1 is not my thing, since the battery drains too fast to my taste.

Low power mode messes up SfOS Camera AND GPS.

@Feathers-McGraw: As you managed to implement the torch, may I ask you a similar small utility to restart the sensors framework? It's pretty boring to have to open a terminal, devel-su, etc. That would be great.

With a packaged utility, we could even imagine to restart the sensors framework on a regular basis with Situations.

The Following User Says Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 654 | Thanked: 2,368 times | Joined on Jul 2014 @ UK
Originally Posted by romu View Post
@Feathers-McGraw: As you managed to implement the torch, may I ask you a similar small utility to restart the sensors framework? It's pretty boring to have to open a terminal, devel-su, etc. That would be great.

With a packaged utility, we could even imagine to restart the sensors framework on a regular basis with Situations.
I'll have a look, which command are you using at the moment? I'm still waiting for my N5 to arrive from china

I haven't used situations, how does it work? If it just runs CLI utilities in the background, can't you create an alias for whichever command you're using?

As soon as a utility is packaged as an application, Situations will be able to run it. You just set the trigger you prefer and that's all. That's a pretty good application.

Here is the process to restart the sensors framework:

1. Open a terminal
2. devel-su (+ password)
3. systemctl restart sensorfwd
4. exit 2 times to close the terminal

Problem is restarting the framework can only be done as root, don't know if this could be an issue to package this as an application.

IS a 16gB version ok for salifish or 32gB is mandatory ?