Posts: 435 | Thanked: 684 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands 020
I don't like the headphone audio over bluetooth part of the device. I hope they will release a device with 3.5mm Jack in the future.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jellyroll For This Useful Post:
hmmm he didnt use fingerprint scanner, although it was there...

The Following User Says Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by delmar View Post
What stops me somehow is the size. Hopefully there will be smaller devices in future, but the trend is going in an other direction.
Not a trend I like. But for their success, let's hope that they produce a smaller phone and let's see if it catches on or stays a want and empty rhetoric.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Apple is doing smaller phones now so in a few years those pocket laptops will be gone again, I think.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nthn View Post
Apple is doing smaller phones now so in a few years those pocket laptops will be gone again, I think.
The fact that Apple is being used as a the measuring stick as to what is acceptable shouldn't bother me... but it does.

In the end, it just shows that a lot of other companies have forgotten how to be innovative and are quick to follow popular trends. Smaller phones leading to smaller devices... so welcome back to 2007 again?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
You have to give them props for creating a cult so strong that no matter what happens, those who enter will never leave. Sad, but mighty impressive nonetheless.

Come to think of it, they're a bit like the Jehovah's Witnesses of technology.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nthn For This Useful Post:
You have to give them props for creating a cult so strong that no matter what happens, those who enter will never leave. Sad, but mighty impressive nonetheless.
I own Apple products. I'm not sure they're as cultish as folks make them out to be - a lot of their owners are just rather sheepish yet it's rather undeniable that they did bring to the forefront: design, user experience, build quality and of course... marketing.

What is a serious cult to me is how exclusive some of these esoteric choices are that push (think: Morton's Fork) users to think that their (the accuser) option is the best option because it shows some level of knowledge that is lacking in other choices. Personally, the push to make something simple like personal computers that are now rather ubiquitous and the necessary hardware to support that choice into rarified territories is really a waste of my time.

Simply stated: I'm technology agnostic. I'm rather apathetic as to whatever choices that people scream for/against/with - they're all tools in the end that can do what is required to meet your user and/or business goals. I support whatever I want to. And I tend to dislike trends - I supported Maemo, MeeGo and Sailfish. I like choice.

Come to think of it, they're a bit like the Jehovah's Witnesses of technology.
Most of them, I've compared them to the Heaven's Gate (Hale-Bopp) folks. And I state that as a MacBook Pro and iPad owner.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
Wow, didn't know ISIS had their own technology news channel already, too!

this was my first think too

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cvp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
I own Apple products. I'm not sure they're as cultish as folks make them out to be - a lot of their owners are just rather sheepish yet it's rather undeniable that they did bring to the forefront: design, user experience, build quality and of course... marketing.
True. Labeling it as a cult mostly ignores the fact that Apple products are usually very well thought out and executed. Compared to Android phones:

- Apple's SoC is superior to just about anything, both in raw performance and low power consumption
- This enables Apple to create compact, yet extremely powerful devices with decent battery life, there is simply no competition here at the moment
- Because all software updates are in Apple's hands, fixes come through to older models also (AFAIK they are still updating iPhone 4S, which was launched in 2011...), whereas many Android manufacturers stop providing software updates quite fast. This is serious problem.
- Because there are limited number of device models, there are some special apps that can be easily adopted and calibrated to them, IE frequency analyzer we used to tune PA-systems...

It's of course walled garden, but it does have it's benefits. I'm not sure how Jolla planned to manage software updates in multi-manufacturer environment but I do hope they have thought out how to avoid the mess Android is in because of unwillingness of manufacturers to publish updates. Otherwise talk about security soon(tm) becomes more or less meaningless.

Last edited by JulmaHerra; 2016-04-08 at 08:31.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JulmaHerra For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JulmaHerra View Post
AFAIK they are still updating iPhone 4S, which was launched in 2003....
2003! And there was me stuck with my nokia 6600

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:

Tags
dave999scam, sailfish, scamfish, turing, turingphone