Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by att View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8LRxIANzQs

Now I now what happened to Jolla tablets
What happend?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
What happend?
The exact readings from the cosmic background radiation are a little bit foggy but evidence and witnesses point toward that either Jolla Tablets were abducted by the Engineers or Jolla Tablets evolved and traveled through the rim to meet the Engineers on some other universe.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
The exact readings from the cosmic background radiation are a little bit foggy but evidence and witnesses point toward that either Jolla Tablets were abducted by the Engineers or Jolla Tablets evolved and traveled through the rim to meet the Engineers on some other universe.
Ahh, exactly my thoughts. I just wanted it confirmed! Thx.

I thought you meant they pissed away $2.5m on 15 minutes of cgi

Originally Posted by tommo View Post
I thought you meant they pissed away $2.5m on 15 minutes of cgi
That would be good. Because then we would at least got 15 min of something for our money. Now they was transformed to nothing by jolla

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
That would be good. Because then we would at least got 15 min of something for our money. Now they was transformed to nothing by jolla
Hmm. Actually, we got Sailfish running on tablet-sized devices, which at least for me is better than Sailfish on phones (as I'm getting less and less interested in smartphones, myself).

Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Hmm. Actually, we got Sailfish running on tablet-sized devices, which at least for me is better than Sailfish on phones (as I'm getting less and less interested in smartphones, myself).
Haha... OK.
How could it be better than phone when it's not even got a prototype hw for sale...sorry, to sail

Give me $2,5M and i port something you cant use, for HW that not excists

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
How could it be better than phone when it's not even got a prototype hw for sale...
Hmm... I've just picked up a Nexus 7 tablet myself. I've managed to get Mer partway up on it, hopefully have it usable soon... Anyway, Sailfish should be usable to some extent on this list of devices:

https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris

I guess I do feel more comfortable with software I can install onto my own hardware, rather than buying a device with a closed and locked-in OS.

Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
I haven't seen a community sailfish port installed on an android tablet yet, or indeed anything with a high resolution. Anyone have pics? Does it automatically do that two column thing with the events and quick actions?

Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Hmm... I've just picked up a Nexus 7 tablet myself. I've managed to get Mer partway up on it, hopefully have it usable soon... Anyway, Sailfish should be usable to some extent on this list of devices:

https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris

I guess I do feel more comfortable with software I can install onto my own hardware, rather than buying a device with a closed and locked-in OS.
Perfect,
Having a nexus 7 2013 collecting dust. Tell me IF and when its working perfect.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund