Active Topics

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Joliet, Il USA
I think I figured out the GPS issue. Rather than Type, I recorded it on Qik.

http://qik.com/video/3577732

Cheers.

The Following User Says Thank You to kurt555gs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 30 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Texas
Looks like I am very similar to a lot of people posting of late. I am new to Maemo, lured in by the N900 and the potential therein. What really sold me was the integrated phone capabilities. I always wanted an internet tablet, but couldn't justify carrying yet another device around with me.

As a bonus, the N900 has opened me up to the world of open source and Linux. While I am not a complete noob to Linux (I use a Linux system at work), I am now tempted to divide my hard drive on my laptop at home and install either Ubuntu or Linux Mint. (Any suggestions?)

I believe that there are many people who will have a similar story to mine. The N900 will open this market up to a lot of tech savy non-programmers who are looking for a ultra-portable computer that can also serve as a phone. The lines between phones and computers are blurring and I believe that this will change the way we interface with the digital world.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bronzetank For This Useful Post:
Posts: 199 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ gbg.se

The Following User Says Thank You to nymajoak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 72 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London
Hi,

I registered today after signing for the N900 on the flagship store and thought I'd be polite and say hello to everyone. I have been lurking on this site for a while now and find this site very informative. So once again, hello

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ShadowLFC For This Useful Post:
Posts: 126 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ San Francisco
Hey everyone! I've been reading these forums for awhile, and thought its about time to register. I'm really excited by the possibilitiese brought by Maemo, and cannot wait to get my paws on the N900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charbar For This Useful Post:
Hi there! I CANNOT order a N900 now it's really available
I've been reading this forum for a month now and got convinced this "smartphone" should be my new one...

I currently use a Samsung Omnia with a custom winmo 6.5.1 ROM and it's aweful although more "finger-friendly" than before (but with introduction of new bugs), so phones like HTC HD2 or Samsung Omnia II were quite out of the question. Also I don't like HTC phones: big screens but out of fashion UI and no built-in flash memory.

Android ? I hate Java, I didn't like one bit the cyanogenmod debacle (M$ & HTC at least don't do that for winmo or else nobody would use winmo anymore! ) and it's an OS more for "casual" people

Iphone ? yuk, I've jailbroken one "3G" it's a pita and Apple smells totalitarian worse than M$ and Google.

So I've been looking for a true Linux-based phone and since a phone to me is something that can make/take calls, send/reveive SMS, the N900 current "shortcomings" are quite alright to me: I only want per-contact ringtones and above all, support for FLAC ringtones, please !

4 orders cancelled, so goodbye, if Nokia is too 19th century that I can't order their s.h.i.t, they can kiss another new customer goodbye and they won't have any good ads from me as they're just finish worse-than-nazi *****s

Last edited by Cylgalad; 2009-11-24 at 13:18. Reason: nokia canceled all orders

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cylgalad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 14 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Funland
Cheers everybody!

I just joined after a few months of lurking in the shadows, and I'm also eagerly waiting for the big N to arrive. Still couple of weeks to go, as my local carrier just recently announced they'll be sending out the preorders at Dec 3rd.

I live in the west coast but far from the Pacific waves, as here in Funland we have to settle for the ripples of the Baltic.

Looking forward to get the best out of my N900 with the help of this community.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rick O'Shea For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Baltimore, MD
New member here, not first post since the n900 forums got me posting. Hello to everybody

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rogersck For This Useful Post:
Hello, I'm new to the forums. I have been visiting here alot recently; mostly checking on shipping status for the n900.

So hello again to everyone!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roundyz For This Useful Post:
Hello, I recently joined after the N900 meetup earlier in the week and pre-ordering the N900.

It's great that there is such a thriving community, thanks!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manic For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada boom, bada rox, hotelcalifornia, new users, newbie, newmo!, w2tmo, welcome to maemo.org