Notices

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ irvine
hello . forum

I never installed the wifi hotspot because it had alot of issues. I see that its working fine now so can someone point me in the right direction . I really don't want to go back 45 page list and see where all the updated scrips are . I just installed titan so i need the step by step instruction ?

Originally Posted by leetnoob View Post
is there anyway to configure mobile hotspot so that you can get your pc to connect to your n900? i.e. it doesn't open up a gprs connection but sends dhcp data to the pc and hey presto.. instant network for transferring files etc. no messing about with ip addresses etc?
solved it , can now set up a very quick ad hoc network without any gprs/data charges.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...378#post947378

Is there a way to make a PS3 connect to the N900? So far mine doesn't detect the "Mobile Hotspot" connection when I turn the Hotspot on

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Originally Posted by Tousled View Post
Is there a way to make a PS3 connect to the N900? So far mine doesn't detect the "Mobile Hotspot" connection when I turn the Hotspot on
If I remember correctly, the PS3 does not support ad hoc networking so you're boned.

Originally Posted by leetnoob View Post
solved it , can now set up a very quick ad hoc network without any gprs/data charges.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...378#post947378
anyway of doing this from within mobile hotspot alone? a feature for the future maybe?

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cambridge, UK
Still having trouble sorting out the .ko file that people have suggested, i didn't have to do anything special like that last time i installed mobile hotspot, i just can't figure it out.. tried to look for it on my fone but couldn't find a search tool on my fone...

Can anyone provide me step by step instructions, and maybe a copy of the required .ko file, or even tell me which .ko it is?

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Germany
I can't connect to my home wifi anymore since I tried out mobile hotspot yesterday. Any known issus concerning that? Any advice?

Thanks in advance.

I have just installed latest kernel-power (2.6.28.10power46) and than rebooted and installed mobile hotspot.

The program afterwards starts, I see the network on my laptop and am able to connect to it, but I cannot ping or access any resource outside the computer (I can not even ping the n900 gateway IP 0.117.53.1).

Can someone please help me debug this issue.

I do have fmms installed on the n900, and have read on the forums it causes some kind of problems, but was unable to determine how to handle it. Is there a way to disable it without removing the package alltogether?

Regards,
B.

This stop working with t-mobile usa 9.99 unlimited data. I guess they finally found out. Anyone know a workaround?

anybody using wifi hotspot to tether on their NOOK color?
the NC is rooted and can see adhoc connection . The nook can connect to my n900 but the connection is so slow. Sometimes it doesn't even load at all. My laptop and ipod touch can connect to the n900 via wifi hotspot just fine (getting at least 1mbps). Is there any fix for this? TIA