Posts: 317 | Thanked: 787 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Krakow, Poland
Originally Posted by maemomatic View Post
Great software, thanks so much!

I would love for it to become cycle-friendly. OpenCycleMap is great but lacks routing.I am not aware of global projects in this area, but it would be great if you could add Cyclestreets for bicycle routing in the UK: http://www.cyclestreets.net/api/

It works very well, and it's already used by a number of mobile apps for Android/iPhone for routing.
It even gives a number of options (ie. balanced, fastest, quietest, or shortest) - but even just implementing a standard 'balanced' one would be great.

Thanks a lot!
I am planning to add this in one of future releases.

Originally Posted by Musta susi View Post
Works a treat. Smooth and handy interface. Keep up the excellent work!
However, one thing I'm worried about is my phone gets overheated after a continuous usage (causing a drastic battery drain) and so, when I open QCPUFreq, where the CPU temperature is usually shown, now says "unknown". Is that normal?

Finally an up-to-date GPS that works and routes in my area...
That is normal - I have the same. N900 eats its battery in no time when used fully. The battery that I got with my first N900 two years ago holds only for 15-20 minutes when used heavily and it is heating. When it was new I could use it heavily for about 4 hours.

Originally Posted by arne.anka View Post
- w/o inet connection for every move an illegible red message appears on top of the screen (where a number of already hard to read elements exists) and disappears before i even get a chance to understand, what it tries to tell me. is there a chance to actually get the meaning of that message? i guess it has something to do with no map and no inte connection ...
As a part of creating new interface for N9 the things you mentions should all be resolved. Just give me some time.

Originally Posted by arne.anka View Post
- which brinsg me to question two: how do i get a map, where do i store it and how do i tell cloudgps to use it? the wiki is silent and from glancing over this rather lengthy thread i don't find any information
Maps are stored in /home/user/MyDocs/.maps. Please refer to first post for map downloading questions.

- when searching for a place, you can enter numbers only if you press Alt + a number key at the same time. This is not consistent with the N900's behaviour in stock applications (ie - double press Alt then add numbers, or press Alt followed by a number). I suggest to make it consistent with the default apps
I know that - input is causing a lot of problems when developing using SDL only. I am struggling to make QT text input capabilities working within CloudGPS.

- I would also increase the font size by 20-30% in the search form, currently it's quite hard to read
New UI will fix that.

ps: should I report bugs/suggestions here, or you'd like me to do bug reports or on the wiki?
The best place for that would be the CloudGPS bugtracker.

Originally Posted by xes View Post
I have repeated this test more than 10 times in different days with the same result...
Only a coincidence? ...i don't believe...
Programs using liblocation can choose the method of determining the location. CloudGPS uses whatever you have set in location settings in control panel. There is no difference in fix time between apps for me.

The fix time is significantly longer if there is no Internet connection while starting GPS module. AGPS in practice timeouts getting the data before N900 is able to make the connection. This affects all GPS apps. A workaround for that is to restart the GPS app and the AGPS module will work as intended.

Originally Posted by noetus View Post
Feature request: breadcrumbs, like what Mappero has. I would like to generate a trail on the map showing where I have been. Any chance of implementing that?
This is quite easy and I it planned for one of next releases.

The Following User Says Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xes View Post
...Any news?
I have been very busy for last couple of weeks with work and private stuff. But I am working on a new release for Nokia N9 which will include new UI to compensate for lack of qwerty keyboard. Planned release time is beginning of December.

Edit: I have updated http://wiki.maemo.org/CloudGPS page with basic project information.

Last edited by dwaradzyn; 2011-10-30 at 10:13.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
First thanks for the good job .
I have this problem.
I have created a map with mobile atlas creator using setting "OSMTracker tile storage" and copied the tile to /home/user/MyDocs/.maps/<Provider Name>, where <provider name> is : - OpenStreetMap I. I have put the tiles there but there aren't shoing in the cloudgps. Does the folder name has to be a specific name? I've read through the post's and didn't find and answer. Can you guys give me a little help?

Originally Posted by _invisible_ View Post
First thanks for the good job .
I have this problem.
I have created a map with mobile atlas creator using setting "OSMTracker tile storage" and copied the tile to /home/user/MyDocs/.maps/<Provider Name>, where <provider name> is : - OpenStreetMap I. I have put the tiles there but there aren't shoing in the cloudgps. Does the folder name has to be a specific name? I've read through the post's and didn't find and answer. Can you guys give me a little help?
You can find a hint in /opt/cloudgps/providers.ini:
Code:
# fileFormat and urlFormat are used with sprintf with three integers: zoom, x, y

[OpenStreetMap I]

fileFormat=/home/user/MyDocs/.maps/OpenStreetMap I/%d/%d/%d.png
So for example the tile with whole world on zoom 0 should be named:
/home/user/MyDocs/.maps/OpenStreetMap I/0/0/0.png

It would be very helpful to show us your file structure. You could for example run those commands in x-terminal and paste the output here:
Code:
cd /home/user/MyDocs/.maps/OpenStreetMap I/
find . | head -n 20

Originally Posted by dwaradzyn View Post
You can find a hint in /opt/cloudgps/providers.ini:
Code:
# fileFormat and urlFormat are used with sprintf with three integers: zoom, x, y

[OpenStreetMap I]

fileFormat=/home/user/MyDocs/.maps/OpenStreetMap I/%d/%d/%d.png
So for example the tile with whole world on zoom 0 should be named:
/home/user/MyDocs/.maps/OpenStreetMap I/0/0/0.png

It would be very helpful to show us your file structure. You could for example run those commands in x-terminal and paste the output here:
Code:
cd /home/user/MyDocs/.maps/OpenStreetMap I/
find . | head -n 20
Hy thanks for the help
this is the output for the command

/home/user/MyDocs/.maps/OpenStreetMap I # find . | head -n 20
./14
./14/9356
./14/9355
./14/9357
./14/9358
./14/9359
./14/9360
./0
./0/0
./1
./1/1
./1/0
./2
./2/2
./2/3
./2/1
./2/0
./4
./4/9
/home/user/MyDocs/.maps/OpenStreetMap I # 2

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Hy thanks for the help

/home/user/MyDocs/.maps/OpenStreetMap I # find . | head -n 20
./14
./14/9356
./14/9355
./14/9357
./14/9358
./14/9359
./14/9360
./0
./0/0
./1
./1/1
./1/0
./2
./2/2
./2/3
./2/1
./2/0
./4
./4/9
/home/user/MyDocs/.maps/OpenStreetMap I # 2
There doesn't look to be any actual files in there, just directories (that or there's a level missed out). Can you try "find . -type f | head -n 20"?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Hy thanks for the help
There is not a single *.png file in this list - maybe you only have directories there?

There is not a single *.png file in this list - maybe you only have directories there?
there are the png files there
now i have another problem
it say's " 2 batteries founddrawGLScene GL_ERROR: 500
it stars but after 2 minutes it crash
any idea?

there are the png files there
now i have another problem
it say's " 2 batteries founddrawGLScene GL_ERROR: 500
it stars but after 2 minutes it crash
any idea?
Please do the following:
1. Paste here the contents of your /home/user/.cloudgps/config.ini.
2. Delete/rename above mentioned file and start CloudGPS again. Post back here if it helped.

Please do the following:
1. Paste here the contents of your /home/user/.cloudgps/config.ini.
2. Delete/rename above mentioned file and start CloudGPS again. Post back here if it helped.
Here it is
"
[CurrentView]
zoom=1
tilex=5
tiley=2147483644
x=131.47897338867188
y=-inf

[Options]
tileProvider=OpenStreetMap I
geocodingProvider=CloudMade
routingProvider=Google
loadLastRoute=0"

I deleted and it work again verry thansks

in a few moments i will isue again the command for folder structure that Rob1n givit to me.

PS. Also the offline mode with tiles is now working many thanks for the help guys .
Tomorrow i will donate to your aplication because is zaaa best
I don;'t have money on the card today but tommorow you are on my list

Thanks again

Last edited by _invisible_; 2011-11-09 at 16:54.

The Following User Says Thank You to _invisible_ For This Useful Post:

Tags
best gps app