Posts: 423 | Thanked: 478 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ Netherlands
"Vkb will not pop up when (re-)positioning the cursor inside a text field by touching the display?"

Counter question: why would you (re-)position the cursor on-screen? That kinda kills the purpose of having a keypad on TOHKBD...

@nodevel: How did you get the bare-bones version? I don't see any way to get that. Is that some dev test thingy?

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by vistaus View Post
@nodevel: How did you get the bare-bones version? I don't see any way to get that. Is that some dev test thingy?
It's no dev test thingy, as the first TOHKBD has been out for some time (and this bare-bones version has been the solution there as well).
See the 'other' folder in https://github.com/kimmoli/tohkbd .

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nodevel For This Useful Post:
So does the counter mean I can order in twelve hours? I'm working night shift and will have gone to bed a couple of hours before that. Is there a chance I will be to late?(Meaning should I stay up and wait?)

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2014 @ Finland
That counter is making me nervous.. well I should in home by then (I think)

Last edited by Shinryuu; 2014-10-28 at 11:17. Reason: typo

Posts: 646 | Thanked: 1,124 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
As mentioned before, you will be able to specify your unique layout and if enough people want it we will make it. If not we will supply all files to modify your qwerty keypad at your local laser-shop to your preferences. Software will be completely configurable.
I'll be probably happy already with a scandinavian keyboard, but for the DIY-ers who would like to make their own keypad, can you explain exactly what they would need? A <material?> laser-engraving facility?

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
the vkb is not completely gone, but we have a completely bare-bone version that only shows the spacebar. you do not loose the option to open another version of the vkb by longpress, while still minimizing the vkb space. so the vkb is not gone, it is just very very very small.
That might be the answer to all those people asking for French/Spanish/Lithuanian etc layout. Instead of the one-line VKB showing just the space bar, have it show all the modifiers (acute, grave, umlaut etc). No need for special layouts with accented characters. At least for the Latin based alphabets, Cyrillics might need to be a separate option.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by minimos View Post
I'll be probably happy already with a scandinavian keyboard, but for the DIY-ers who would like to make their own keypad, can you explain exactly what they would need? A <material?> laser-engraving facility?
yes.

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
That might be the answer to all those people asking for French/Spanish/Lithuanian etc layout. Instead of the one-line VKB showing just the space bar, have it show all the modifiers (acute, grave, umlaut etc). No need for special layouts with accented characters. At least for the Latin based alphabets, Cyrillics might need to be a separate option.
yes.

to summarize:

- the most used layouts will be available
- if there is enough demand we will add extra layouts
- you can get blank keypads or edit your standard one at ANY laser-engraving facility, we provide all files you need
- you can edit and load custom keypad layouts on the software side
- you can add custom characters to virtual keyboard

should be enough options. if anyone is still unhappy i challenge you to find another producer that provides more options.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Okay, so this is finally happening. Great! Even if I am totally happy with todays virtual keyboards, I am going to order one of your keyboards to support you guys. Absolutely great that people are doing stuff like this!

Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Hi Dirk,

the wooden panel, is it just glued to the back?
If Yes, is it possible to get the panel separately, to decide for myself if I want to glue it on the back or not.

Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
Hi Dirk,

the wooden panel, is it just glued to the back?
If Yes, is it possible to get the panel separately, to decide for myself if I want to glue it on the back or not.
If you want to rip it off that is totally possible, but I am not delivering half a product

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd