Closed Thread
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by cruster View Post
I think I faced this bug yesterday! I cannot remember when exactly it occurred, because I'm always connected to 3g, but maybe it was triggered by offline mode/tablet mode switching I did during the night.

A reboot fixed the issue, but I will try to keep an eye on this...
thanks but reboot in my case didn't did anything even the wifi switcher applet i'm using and i disabled and enabled it again many times but nothing...

could someone please solve this....

regards
ravi

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by locolyric View Post
is that any possible to make the sms conversation screen wrap in portrait mode?
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11976

How do I disable portrait mode for main menu , status menu , settings , without using orientation lock ? I just want to be like before CSSU update .

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 235 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Manila
hi jaffa, how do i apply the patch? should i just replace the css files in my device? thanks!

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Greece
Originally Posted by Dragoss91 View Post
How do I disable portrait mode for main menu , status menu , settings , without using orientation lock ? I just want to be like before CSSU update .
try this
gconftool-2 -s /apps/osso/hildon-desktop/ui_can_rotate -t bool false
for the two first. seetings will still rotate. also you will have to set the value again if you change orientation lock through the status menu.

The Following User Says Thank You to evan For This Useful Post:
It works , thank you .

Posts: 356 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Netherlands
Thanks for the good work
But i have one question:
Would it be possible to lock the screen-orientation automatically when using the camera? 'Cause the forced rotation messes up the picture if you keep the phone in portrait orientation...

I am not that very bright when it comes to programming, but I found this today.
http://z-push.sourceforge.net/soswp/
can anyone look and see if we could replace the mail for exchange in N900 with this and possibly get multiple exchange account feature available for N900 and also possibly getting the Gmail and Hotmail sync working????
Side Note:
The VKB from meego is that portable to N900 via the CSSU the one in the vanilla meego. I believe its an open source so might be able to snip just the VKB and replace that with the closed source VKB thats packed with N900??

The Following User Says Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
Originally Posted by petur View Post
I was using the build-in MfE for contacts and calendar of gmail, and had it working great for a long time (1+ year), now it stopped working in that it immediately claims there is an error.

The only thing I did was update CSSU from the previous to the current version. Or maybe Google changed something?

Any other latest CSSU user using MfE with Google? Working or not?
For the record, the CSSU is not to be blamed... Google changed something again and now everything is working again (did require a reboot)

How do we install 'tactile' i tried to get it from Maemo.org and install but its said 'package incompatible'?

Craig

Closed Thread

Tags
community ssu, f**k nokia, fremantle, maemo 5, nokia-who?, portrait mode, rotate, task-switcher, update, upgrade