Active Topics

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by Jack6428 View Post
You know... until now I though Apple was the most evil kid around because of how they hypnotize, brainwash and programm their consumers. Come to think of it now - Apple at least doesn't lie or give out false dates and actually cares about their sheeple, because they know they have power. Everyone at Nokia in the Maemo/MeGoo departnment should have been fired several times by now for their behaviour, which is a disgrace. And I don't care if the N900 can cut bananas or clean my shoes. People are willing to pay for apps, but Nokia is sleeping under the tree waiting to be hit by an apple to wake up and start listening. Marketing wise the N900 has been a failure from beginning to end. Period.
Well said mate!

Originally Posted by Leon4 View Post
Don't disturb people, and we dont cross the line, beacuse we are just trying to get some Justice...
and do you really think that NOKIA is right what they do with the costumers...I mean come on you don't even know what are you tallking about...we waited to long for some apps and games and thats the point of this conversation...and if u want to help us in some way then do that, if you dont so please don't disturb, ok?
Justice a big word. Do you really think that peeing Nokias employers in the face has anything to do with justice? You totaly lost it.

There isn't much (commercial!) software for the N900 because there aren't that much sold N900. If you were a software developer, would you but big money in developing software for a device with that few users? So get over it.

Or if you really want do something good: Go to the big software developers and cry there and make them believe that there is indeed a big market for software for the N900! You said "bad" (in other words) Angry Birds, it may not be yours but it is one of the most success full games for the iPhone. So be glad that Rovio ported it. Buying it could be one way to show that there is a market. Crying in a community forum at Nokia, who are not responsible for developing 3rd party games, won't do anything.

There is lots of free software partly of high quality, but don't expect that much more.

Really, consider selling your N900 now when you will still get quite something for it, and get a device which already has lots of games, simply because they sold lots of devices.

Last edited by DanielW; 2010-06-05 at 19:03.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DanielW For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
Originally Posted by Leon4 View Post
I'm mean that, that's it, i cant just look at NOKIA how they lie...I'm so F*cking pissed, are they f*****g joking with us, we wait for ages for some useful games and nothing happens Im really angry right now...WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING GUYS, THIS IS IT! THEY ARE F*CKING JOKING WITH US!!!
damn you right dude lets start a big ****in mob.we should all fly to finland to the nokia headquarters and **** them straight in front of there building.whos with that????

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Mexico
Originally Posted by atilla View Post
damn you right dude lets start a big ****in mob.we should all fly to finland to the nokia headquarters and **** them straight in front of there building.whos with that????
im with you man, ill get my flight ticket today..at least they should give us an explanation instead of f***ng playing with us

Some real word example about a game I know where the dev said no, i won't put it on the N900 and why:

A former work mate developed with a small team a commercial game for mobile devices:

They mainly targeted the iPhone. But well the game basicly runs on the N900. Togther with him I made it run on the N900 in a few hours.

Despite that it already runs on the N900 they decided not to sell it for the N900. Here is why:

It would not bring enough money worth the effort. With luck they would have sold 1000-2000 units. Which would be quite a good rate considering the amount of N900 out there.

Lets say 1000. They would sell it for like 2$. Meaning they would get 2000$ of the N900 minus the part (30%?) Nokia gets and taxes. So at the end the may see 1300$.

Full make it N900 ready (you would have to package it for OVI, get a contract with Nokia, adjust the game controls (no multitouch on N900,). All togther that would take a person a few days.

A few days work and supporting it for $1200? No way. That is the reason there are not much games. If a developer already has a game which is nearly complete for the N900 and still sees no value in there, you can image that how a developer who needs to make a full port sees that..

----
A funny fact: My N900 was the first phone ever where a early version of the game ran on. But still the N900 won't see it.

Last edited by DanielW; 2010-06-05 at 19:21.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DanielW For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DanielW View Post
Justice a big word. Do you really think that peeing Nokias employers in the face has anything to do with justice? You totaly lost it.

There isn't much (commercial!) software for the N900 because there aren't that much sold N900. If you were a software developer, would you but big money in developing software for a device with that few users? So get over it.

Or if you really want do something good: Go to the big software developers and cry there and make them believe that there is indeed a big market for software for the N900! You said "bad" (in other words) Angry Birds, it may not be yours but it is one of the most success full games for the iPhone. So be glad that Rovio ported it. Buying it could be one way to show that there is a marked. Crying in a community forum that Nokia, who are not responsible for developing 3rd party games, won't do anything.

There is lots of free software partly of high quality, but don't expect that much more.

Really, consider selling your N900 now when you will still get quite something for it, and get a device which already has lots of games, simply because they sold lots of devices.
1. I didn't say that I would pee in someone's face.
2.I didn't say that the angry birds is bad game...it is a fantastic game...and I wish that Rovio keep supporting N900
3. Please read my post's before answer them mate!?
4.I promise you that my Nokia n900 (1.15ghz) can kick the **** of any f*cking mobile device on market right now...like you see the n900 has the power and everything to run great games and apps, it just needs attention...what im tryin to say is that im loving my n900 in a special way and i want just a littel bit of support. BTW you know that the OVI-store is a joke! a big one. it has about 20 apps and 10 games thats all, the android market has 10,000, and appstore too...so why cant ovi store achive that! there is no reasone for that...It is simple NOKIA just listen to us costumers we are buying your devices, buying to support you and thats why we will some support too...so cheers

This thread gets funnier with each passing minute.

Originally Posted by DanielW View Post

Or if you really want do something good: Go to the big software developers and cry there and make them believe that there is indeed a big market for software for the N900! You said "bad" (in other words) Angry Birds, it may not be yours but it is one of the most success full games for the iPhone. So be glad that Rovio ported it. Buying it could be one way to show that there is a market. Crying in a community forum at Nokia, who are not responsible for developing 3rd party games, won't do anything.

Isn't that actually the problem!? I mean that nokia isn't able to make device that mass market want's to buy and that's why developers doesn't even bother write apps for it. Some of you doesn't understand that some of us wants Nokia to succes so that's why the somewhat bad feedback.. I think that Symbian phones can be called mass market phones and those have been made since 90's and still Apple wipes floor with Nokia if we compare user experience and content. As a Finnish citizen and Nokia stock holder i hope that Nokia understands that something is wrong. Unfortunately much light isn't in end of tunnel becouse N8 seems yet another "step 7 of 147 phone" with symbian 3.

Leon4:

Sorry, I mixed something up. In fact you didn't say anthing like that. It was atilla. Sorry.

But well the reason for few apps/agmes still stands: There is not enough money in it.

I must go now, but I will be back soon so that we can continue the conversation! so stay cool guys! peace