Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by code177 View Post
An N900 for less than $400? ...Man. I envy you guys. so much
And I envy your new citizenship... It's all relative.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YoDude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by pamadio View Post
Ah, i had no "Pro" menu, but found the eStore under "Premium Services"
Yes, indeed. URL contains 'pro'.

Originally Posted by anidel View Post
Somewhere in the DDP pages is stated Euro1 device, so I presume it'll come with EU charger and EU stuff (keyboard)
Keyboard will not be localized. I suppose 'EU' keyboard is akin to 'US qwerty'. Maybe with an EUR and GBP symbol on it.

Does anyone know the type of the included charger? Because some Nokia chargers have recently been called back.

Originally Posted by sampppa View Post
At least in my order confirmation the total included VAT. 22% here in Finland
How much were you charged? It may be different inside or outside Finland.

For those living in EU its internal traffic in EU. It is not checked at Customs because it is assumed VAT is already paid. The seller is responsible for this, and the buyer must deliver correct details.

I've only had amount of money reserved btw, not charged. From UK btw. Have you been charged already? Why would they afterwards (reserve & )charge VAT?

DHL tracking number after 3 business days.

Espoo isn't in the middle of nowhere so before package goes to international airport won't take more than a business day, and then its flown to destination country (usually directly, in case of e.g. Serbia maybe first to e.g. Germany or wait longer because of less transport flights). Then from that airport, if not need through Customs (should not), normal delay after transport flight is 1 day (processed next evening/night). Then in my case its transported through night train which handles previous day post, and in the morning/afternoon the postal guy delivers the package... or attemps to because often nobody home. However, at least here, they do deliver on saturday, and not on sunday/monday (only business post on monday). So I expect first international arrivals 2-3 busines days after DHL track number, and first national delivery should be even quicker.

Also note the DDP price includes S&H.

Warranty is 1 week against DOA, so test the device well!

FWIW, I hope to receive it soon so I can RMA my beloved 11 month old Nokia E71 of which some keys have suddenly become (sometimes) unresponsive [probably because I sat or slept on it ). This servant has performed rather well during the period I waited for Nokia N900...

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
Still no movement for me. Like absolute silence.

After debernardis' heads-up on Monday 9th I also ordered mine. But unlike others I still don't see any charge on my bank account, so I wrote a quick mail to DDP this morning just to check that there was no problem with the order.

That was 10:28am, Paris time. The response from DDP arrived at 11:43am, that was really quick, and fortunately "everything is fine" :-)

Of course I could not resist asking for an ETA in the same mail, and the answer to that was "hopefully will be next week".

FWIW :-)

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to fpp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
If anyone is still interested (which I highly doubt) - please, don't rush with solving my case (or even replying to any of my e-mail messages) - I'd really rather buy HD2 for the full price than keep facing that absolute disrespect and ignorance. I don't know what have I done to deserve this but I'm really sick of it.
P.S.: I'll continue to work with community on applications because I love to help people and good lookin' UIs, and not because I want something in return. Thanks again.

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
wow, that's really sad to hear... did you try contacting Quim on the matter?

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 66 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Barcelona, Spain
anyone recived the e-mail with the traking number?

If you have to ask, I guess you have your answer, unfortunately :-)

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
I paid with my debit card yesterday and today there is a charge on my card for an amount of 371 $ from nokia italia. No message in my mail.

Does anyone know if we need to pay customs to ship to the us?

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by fpp View Post
"hopefully will be next week".
1 week estimate = 2 months