Notices

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Originally Posted by iKneaDough View Post
Thanks. I forgot about that option.

Now I have a question related directly to TOR. How do I put it into Do Not Disturb mode?

I tried creating an availability status called 'Hidden' and in the custom status settings I set the GV account to either 'away', or 'invisble' and then selected the 'Hidden' status, but none of them seemed to put GV into DND mode.

I check whether DND is activated by going to my GV in a browser. Whenever DND is active there is a banner on top with a link to disable it.
Hmm. I know I've tested it on Empathy but I haven't played with status all that much on Maemo 5

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
This latest version very neatly incorporates GV calls into Contacts. I seem, however, to have lost my IM/SMS ability with the new TOR version. How do I send SMS from this latest version?

Thanks.

sms is still working on the 810, but i have a suspicion that TOR has now totally broke my AIM status. i am online, but there are no green/red/yellow next to any of the contacts. i dont know for positive its TORs fault, but it really feels like it

Originally Posted by moodswinger View Post
This latest version very neatly incorporates GV calls into Contacts. I seem, however, to have lost my IM/SMS ability with the new TOR version. How do I send SMS from this latest version?

Thanks.
What do you mean by "lost"? Is the button not there or do you get errors when it happens? Is this with system contacts or TOR contacts?

Originally Posted by mrdally204 View Post
sms is still working on the 810, but i have a suspicion that TOR has now totally broke my AIM status. i am online, but there are no green/red/yellow next to any of the contacts. i dont know for positive its TORs fault, but it really feels like it
I haven't changed anything with that area of code but I suspect that version of RTComm is a bit brittle with Connection Managers doing things slightly different. I don't have AIM setup on mine so unsure about reproducing it.

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 121 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York, US
Now I can use GV directly from a contact. I love this !!
Thanks epage !

Anyone else have DC and TOR stop working today? I can't call out via my Gizmo or Cell account. I ah
Boot from MMC
Gpodder Cache on MMC
MTube Cache on MMC
Mugen 1800mAh Battery
Addesso USB rollup keyboard
Solio Solar Charger
Holux GPSlim GPS

N810
community SSU
Turbo Diablo
8GB external
Boot from Internal SD
Still no GPS Fix.

N900
Stock
32GB
Many Solar Chargers (Saved bacon during Sandy!)
Inland ProHT BT keyboard
What's this? A GPS Fix? Wowwwwwww

Ok so now it won't work from the website either.
Boot from MMC
Gpodder Cache on MMC
MTube Cache on MMC
Mugen 1800mAh Battery
Solio Solar Charger
Holux GPSlim GPS

N810
community SSU
Turbo Diablo
8GB external
Boot from Internal SD
Still no GPS Fix.

N900
Stock
32GB
Inland ProHT BT keyboard

I think there is a problem with the GV dialing system. SMS' work OK.
Boot from MMC
Gpodder Cache on MMC
MTube Cache on MMC
Mugen 1800mAh Battery
Solio Solar Charger
Holux GPSlim GPS

N810
community SSU
Turbo Diablo
8GB external
Boot from Internal SD
Still no GPS Fix.

N900
Stock
32GB
Inland ProHT BT keyboard

Originally Posted by moodswinger View Post

Thanks.
Are you refering to when it just shows a number with Google Voice? You have to click on that, it asks you which account to choose. Then you choose your Google Voice account, and wait a second and then that one Google Voice field splits into two with one being call and one being IM.

Though with the latest update from extras-devel there's 3 Google Voice options.. the new one epage added that reads from contacts, then the one that's google voice call and google voice IM. Seems there's no way to just delete the google voice call.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Are you refering to when it just shows a number with Google Voice? You have to click on that, it asks you which account to choose. Then you choose your Google Voice account, and wait a second and then that one Google Voice field splits into two with one being call and one being IM.

Though with the latest update from extras-devel there's 3 Google Voice options.. the new one epage added that reads from contacts, then the one that's google voice call and google voice IM. Seems there's no way to just delete the google voice call.
THis description I get always confuses me and I've never seen this.

Pictures would be beneficial to step through this weird process you have.

Also, for others reading this, is this a contact you merged or manually added a GV field to?

Tags
google voice, maemo 4, maemo 5