Notices

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by hharju View Post
I've been running the latest 030912 build now for a couple of days. The startup is really slow. When I ran it in terminal it seems to get stuck for a while in
UI: POPULATE CONTACTS
UI: APPENDING PHONE CONTACTS

It does get over it eventually. Where the startup crashes is:

UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 8: ordinal not in range (128)
X Error: BadDamage (invalid Damage parameter) 153
Extension: 146 (Uknown extension) (there really was this typo)
Minor opcode: 2 (Unkown request)
Resource id: 0x6001e1
Segmentation fault

I haven't deleted the *.db yet.
There was solution here. Change contacts.py on line 293:
it should be c['name'] = wc.pushname.decode("utf8") if wc.pushname is not None else ""

The Following User Says Thank You to ZogG For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by hharju View Post
I've been running the latest 030912 build now for a couple of days. The startup is really slow. When I ran it in terminal it seems to get stuck for a while in
UI: POPULATE CONTACTS
UI: APPENDING PHONE CONTACTS

It does get over it eventually. Where the startup crashes is:

UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 8: ordinal not in range (128)
X Error: BadDamage (invalid Damage parameter) 153
Extension: 146 (Uknown extension) (there really was this typo)
Minor opcode: 2 (Unkown request)
Resource id: 0x6001e1
Segmentation fault

I haven't deleted the *.db yet.

I'll just quote myself

@knobtviker , the vibration feature when receiving a new msg from the same contact while in a chat is consuming quite a bit of power as it is continiously vibrating in long chats (thx 2 d stable version) , is there a possibility of using the stock messaging behaviour where in only a pop sound plays wen a new msg is received in a fb chat for example !! And is it possible for getting a bouncing effect wen a new msg bubble appears as in d stock messaging app !!
Thanks & regards !!

CePi,

On your wazapp-03092012-1225.deb version:

Even after saving the contact, The push name still appears on the notification screen and unlock screen for some contacts

Just thought i would let you know...

Thanks for the version tho

Cepis latest build working very good here, no problems so far!

Originally Posted by keinc View Post
03092012 build is the most stable version now, but if you are looking for something to just work:

I got a PM from @ginggs on a 0.2.6 build which is stable, so you could try this one and see how you go on it. Details of build are here: http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=3417
Originally Posted by zacaaron View Post
I can confirm 03092012-1225 build is the most stable build currently. The previous stable build was 29082012-1330.

You guys can try either one to see which one works better but the db file is not compatible across both versions so if you upgrade/downgrade, please remember to delete/rename your db file.

I can also confirm 03092012-1225 build is much more power efficient that all previous builds by Cepi
thanks alot for your helpful replies

Yo pple i downloaded the new one from wazzapp.im and i cant seem to get my number to register. When it asks for the three digit code it says "Failed: Server Said wazapp not supported. Can someone maybe help me thanx in advance.

Originally Posted by Epyc View Post
Yo pple i downloaded the new one from wazzapp.im and i cant seem to get my number to register. When it asks for the three digit code it says "Failed: Server Said wazapp not supported. Can someone maybe help me thanx in advance.
Use bluestack on PC as mentioned many times on many pages before

Originally Posted by Dontales View Post
Use bluestack on PC as mentioned many times on many pages before
Do i install bluestack and then get the code through that? Sorry for the questions new N9 user. thanx

Posts: 226 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Lebanon
Originally Posted by Epyc View Post
Do i install bluestack and then get the code through that? Sorry for the questions new N9 user. thanx
give me your number and i'll do it for you if you want

Tags
godoftool, harmattan, is-a-miracle, nokia n9, spacker_thread, tarekgalal, toddler_daycare, toolcoderus, wazapp, whatsapp