Active Topics

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
heres the prices just posted
$499 for 16GB iPad.
32GB is $599,
64GB is $799.
3G models cost an extra $130. So $629, 729, and 829 with 3G.
what f'ing joke ectra for 3G
the first prices should be for 3G IMO its over priced without 3G

Last edited by NvyUs; 2010-01-27 at 19:31.

for five bills...seems a bit under powered....maybe they were shooting for that standby battery hours....(ONE MONTH).....maybe it just start up very fast...

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
But seriously.... No multitasking???

Major Fail. This is more fail than nokia reducing screen size on n900!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sachin007 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 210 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
I can see a huge market for the iPad for students. Really easy to dribble down notes in class for example. I'm hoping Nokia will come out with something similar. Having M6 running on something like this would be awesome. Nokia should name it as Nslate
I might just buy a iPad if no other company provides something similar.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by MMMotors View Post
The no contract 3G is nice, but I still think that platform is still a minefield of doesn't...

Nice device, but I'd still rather have a tabletish n900...
Yes, me wants an "N1900" with a big screen and all the goodies of N900 and Maemo. Give it a resolution of around 1366x768 and it will be a perfect couch computer and a travel tablet for maps etc.

The Following User Says Thank You to kortsi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 327 | Thanked: 249 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Λεμεσιανός, ρε!
Originally Posted by IWantToMarryTheN900 View Post
No 3G, no webcam, no keyboard.

I just bought an Acer Aspire One (Atom N450) with keyboard, Windows 7, webcam, etc for $299. It is a GREAT PC.

I don't know the price of the iPad, but it better not be more than $349, and even that would be pushing it at this point.
Agreed.

I also have an Aspire One with Linpus - a cheap eBay extended battery means easily 8 hours battery life. The SSD-equipped one I had before this went for 12 with the extended battery. And was under US$300. It even looks more portable than that weird slab.

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
So i missed the input... other than the keyboard is there any other way to take down notes?

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by HangLoose View Post
HEY....

that hurts
Sorry, but too often I've seen that such and such a bug can't or won't be fixed because it's a contracted application. Ovi Maps for example, what a turd that is, it's a disgrace.

Obviously my comments don't apply to everyone - many of the core platform developers are Nokia employs and on the whole they've done a very good job, but the whole package is let down by sub standard applications and integration of those applications with the rest of the system.

Maybe the bugs will be fixed for Harmattan, maybe Harmattan will work on the N900, maybe Harmattan will be just another mess... it's a never ending list of "maybes" with Nokia and Maemo, is there an end in sight? Yes progress is being made, but by the time worthwhile progress has been made your current device is rendered obsolete and you have to upgrade to a new device to continue helping Nokia remain relevant - can I be bothered in future? Not sure I can TBH.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
oh apparently it uses micro sims whatever that is but it sounds like you locked out from using your own if thats some kind of special sim.
apple locking people down again to partners

Is this "Apple A4" basically just a Snapdragon?

Tags
apple, ifarted, ipad, tablet