Active Topics

Have ordered some batteries from china for a couple of bucks that said were genuine. when charging one didnt charge at all and the other one dropped in the n900 from 40% to 0% in 1 minute every charge. both have the exact same holographical stickers on them as the genuine one. So these stickers wont say anything about the genuine of a battery. The codes on a BL5J cant be checked on the nokia website. when entering them it says that you need a 20 digit number. Wich the BL5J obviously does not have!

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ the holy land
Have ordered some batteries from china for a couple of bucks that said were genuine. when charging one didnt charge at all and the other one dropped in the n900 from 40% to 0% in 1 minute every charge. both have the exact same holographical stickers on them as the genuine one. So these stickers wont say anything about the genuine of a battery. The codes on a BL5J cant be checked on the nokia website. when entering them it says that you need a 20 digit number. Wich the BL5J obviously does not have!
fake batterys with low quality............

thoughts on this please, hologram looks fine to me but the rest is jut a bit different, the color of the body is darker the plastic mould looks a bit diferent etc.

I think the right hand might be fake, The left is the origional.

I'm not 100% tbh thoughts please dont wanna do feedback till i know if i need to send this back

[Origional] | [FAKE?]

Full Size

Full Size

Last edited by mrexcess; 2010-11-09 at 12:01.

sent an email to brandprotection[at]nokia[dot]com to try to get a speedy answer on this, might be worth a shot for anyone else with concearns

I've got four BL-5Js purchased at different times at different locations. Two of them are "Made in China" the other two "Cell made in Korea Further processed in China". All of them look like the battery on your pic's right, i.e. have the "ear flaps" on the top near the connector, so I'd think if the actual capacity is the same as the one on the left then it's probably original.

Three of my batteries came with the original Nokia handsets (5800XMs & N900), one I bought separately. I swap them quite often among each other so I know all of them have about the same "life" in them, i.e. about two days in my N900 when I use it intermittently.

Last edited by nephridium; 2010-11-10 at 04:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to nephridium For This Useful Post:
thanks man, it sounds from what you say like its genuine, just a slightly older one, ill have to test the capacity.

tbh i think what i have here is a used one, cos these are signs of wear and tear and the back label is a bit torn, gunna try it out and see how it goes.

Edit: two days! wow thats impressive