Posts: 23 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by slender View Post
I would recommend to NOT restore applications. Install one by one and see if some widget etc. gives you trouble.
ok, did not know, that applications are covered by the backup, thought only data.

Originally Posted by ZackMorris View Post
I noticed that the icon on the fm transmitter with the new 1.2 update was changing colors everytime I exited an app, or went to switch apps and went home screen, has anyone else noticed this drain?
I noticed the same. On the beginning of this thread somebody was telling about power-consumation of the transmitter. as so far i think it is a graphical issue. don't think it is transmitting, when switched off.

Originally Posted by Sash View Post
I'm not sure if it's been changed in PR 1.2 but if you've set the phone mode to dual, it'll eat more battery as it constantly searches for 3G. I could be wrong though, my memory is a bit hazy.
Thank you, i always have the switcher set to gsm. I only switch to dual or 3g when i check emails or want to browse the web. but i also do connect manually to the mobile-data-services of my phone-provider.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by skccs32 View Post
ok, did not know, that applications are covered by the backup, thought only data.
Actually itīs application list. It install same applications again, but still most important point in trying to find problem is to minimize the variables.

The Following User Says Thank You to slender For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by skccs32 View Post
Well in my case, it seems to have been due to cpu-consuming faulty applications running all the time. Today I did not have any problem anymore (uninstalled the suspicous widget). Got to say that without that problem my device gets a remaining about 90 % of charge after a work-day (all wireless lan and wireless mobile data off), just beeing in standby. But in the evening and with heavy using wlan, it goes down rather quickly ;-)

I will now try to reinstall the widget anew and reflash if the same error will occur until tomorrow.
Well last night i reinstalled the facebook widget (including photo uploading funktion) and noticed that comments (ovi website) were telling that as of the latest os version some users hat problems to use this app.

This morning the systems was slow again and the top 3processes (same as posted before) were using 28, 28, 15 of cpu - additional the desktop used another 15. So the hole system was nearly at 100 % cpu.

Therefore I think I isolated the problem as the facebook app. If only I have this issue (I will search the threads about this app) it might be a problem with something going wrong with my latest ota os-update and facebook-app related interfaces.

I will leave out the facebook app and do a reflash of my device within the following days to have everything clean and proper again.

Hey, thank's a lot. This is a nice platform and website. I think i will be able to deal with future problems - with the help of all of the members ;-)

The Following User Says Thank You to skccs32 For This Useful Post:
Wow! I thought I was the only Swiss person who owned a N900 just recently at while taking the train home, I saw a person surfing maemo.org or some such on his Nokia N900 I was quite happy to see, that I was not alone

Anyways, I personally wouldn't use any of the real-time-online widgets like for example the facebook app. It really does drain the battery pretty fast.

Originally Posted by MRyant View Post
Wow! I thought I was the only Swiss person who owned a N900 just recently at while taking the train home, I saw a person surfing maemo.org or some such on his Nokia N900 I was quite happy to see, that I was not alone

Anyways, I personally wouldn't use any of the real-time-online widgets like for example the facebook app. It really does drain the battery pretty fast.
well now as the device works again normally, i got to say its so much of delight to be able to have such a small device beeing able to render webpages just as they are. i'm just getting aware, how much energy i spent to get flash running on my previous devices - all invain.

can't understand that not more people realize what this device.is capable to do.

hey, the facebool widget is not what i miss, but the foto-uploader with its fast compression, i miss a lot.

greetings from basel

ps: just in case that you use bluewin email: did you find a solution for the locked pop account?

Originally Posted by slender View Post
Actually itīs application list. It install same applications again, but still most important point in trying to find problem is to minimize the variables.
i apreciate your professional help.

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ That beer and prezels country in Europe -_-
@OP:
The global images are multilanguage and include german.

ps: please try to change the thread title to something more positive now

The Following User Says Thank You to Renkon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Renkon View Post
@OP:
The global images are multilanguage and include german.

ps: please try to change the thread title to something more positive now
i tried to edit the title of the initial post, hope this will do. thank you for the answer concerning german image and your proposal concerning the thread title.