Active Topics

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 173 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Melb
haha, i'm the exact same!

gonna try this app tonight, looks awesome!
so is the theory once you get some decent data to draw on, the app will be able to recognise how many sleep cycles i've had, so i could set it to wake me "after 3 sleep cycles"?

if so, utterly blown

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
Edit: Forget about this post, it seems that my run was in "demo" mode.

Some people actually do change hostname on their N900, so that may not the ideal way for checking if you're on real hardware or not.

I'll post better log in a few days.

Unnecessary stuff below.

I've got a log to post too. For some reason, it appears as if I haven't stayed still for the whole night. Or maybe the building was shaking.

SleepAnalyser_2010-kesa-30_01-18-20.csv.gz

Also, found a bug for you. The app is happy to create files with utf-8 characters in the name, but is unable to view them afterwards. (The original month name in my logfile was 'kesä')

Edit: The battery drain (as warned about in the app instructions) seems like a non-issue, at least to me, see the attached image. The higher drain before 3am is due to me listening to a podcast.

Name:  SleepAnalyzer.jpg
Views: 759
Size:  35.6 KB

Last edited by juise-; 2010-06-30 at 21:15. Reason: You can basically forget what I said in this post.

Posts: 267 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Campinas, SP, Brazil
I'd suggest the original poster changes the title of this thread to "[ANNOUNCE] SleepAnalyser" to be in line with other application announcements. Makes it much easier to search!

Banned | Posts: 388 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Mar 2010
Speaking of sleeping, check out BBC Sleep page

Google is your friend for more content

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germnay
Here is my log. Looking forward to see the wakeup funktion
Attached Files
File Type: zip SleepAnalyser_2010-Jun-30_07-30-29.zip (8.1 KB, 87 views)

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Mine looks odd. What is your trigger level? I can't tell if I sleep like a log or spin like a broken wheel.

Also, I'd like to add the power consumption is minimal. With 7 hours sleep, battery fell from 94% to about 80%, which is quite good. Also, I'm overclocked, so it's pretty efficient.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Last edited by ndi; 2010-06-30 at 15:32.

So there is my first night of using it. Never realised how much i moved in the night!

On another note, it would be great to have a simple desktop application for viewing these files on a pc other than excel type software. Just so we can compare files easy or perhaps in more detail?
Attached Files
File Type: zip SleepAnalyser_2010-Jun-30_00-08-00.zip (10.6 KB, 86 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to jasonisdavid For This Useful Post:
Posts: 60 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Oregon
Here's what I got from using it last night. I put it about a foot away from my pillow, towards the edge of the bed, same position as I would put it when I use SleepPy. The trigger level was the default level at 14. The battery level went from 83 to 70% as I "sleep" for about 7.25 hours, this is about the same for SleepPy. According to SleepPy it takes me around 10 minutes on average to fall asleep so I'll assume it was the same last night, it'd be nice to have this feature added onto this program as well. Looking at my data, the yellow lines are just all over the place, I have red bars below that multiple times in an hour, no green or dark green..not sure what to make of it yet.

Anyone knows if raising the trigger would make it more sensitive or less sensitive to movements?
Attached Files
File Type: zip SleepAnalyser_2010-Jun-30_02-29-44.zip (11.4 KB, 88 views)

Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Hi all

Thank you for all your feedback.
I just uploaded a new version (1.0.14).
I added some buttons and made lables clearer.
Now you can toggle trough existing log files.
Please be aware that it responds very slow => there is improvement needed.

Some clarifications:
This applicaion is a toy, not a tool! For now it just records your movement. There still is a lot of work needed to make the graph better and to interpret the data! Please do not yet expect too much!
The Logfile (now called "Records") stores only the smoothened acceleration data. Therefore I do not need to save the trigger level. Right now I can import it into Excel where I have the same algoriths to generate the graph. Later on also a PC application might be able to do that.
For now if you have Python on your PC, just copy the folder "/opt/SleepAnalyser" to your PC and start main.py. Then you can also open the records on your PC.
Like sombody pointed out, if you do not run it on a N900, the sensor data gets simulated.

Thank you all for testing and publishing your sleep patterns
As I have a VERY slow internet connection at the moment, I can not do too much with it. Also I think we should find a better to exchange our records.

I tried this last night, but I am not sure of the appropriate trigger level if sharing a bed with someone.

I realise I may be the only one here doing that.