Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Originally Posted by thunderstruck View Post
You do have to set the GV acct to show your GV number, or else you get charged for regular minutes used. The bad part is you won't get caller ID (all calls show up as Google Voice from my phonebook), the good news is you don't use up minutes since it's a myFaves. Last month I used 0 regular minutes, even though I used about 400 myFaves.
According to what I just read myFaves is going away with Project Dark, but users will be grandfathered in. If you want it, make up your mind in the next few days.
No minutes used, free SMS via my GV app, what's not to love?
I'm using caller id, and every time someone calls me through GV, my minutes aren't being used. I've looked online after every GV phone call. GV is also one of MyFav 5's

-Socrates 469 BC

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Yep. Same here. No minutes are being used so not sure why thunderstruck is seeing different results than us.

Also, if you turn off call presentation in your GV settings, when you answer a phone call on your tablet, you don't need to mess around with the dial pad and pressing 1 to be connected.

Just a little tip for those who didn't know.

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by spinnukur View Post
I'm using caller id, and every time someone calls me through GV, my minutes aren't being used. I've looked online after every GV phone call. GV is also one of MyFav 5's
On ATT's A-List, the minutes are used. I had to set it to show the GV number and then it is tagged correctly to be an A-list call.

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Yep. Same here. No minutes are being used so not sure why thunderstruck is seeing different results than us.

Also, if you turn off call presentation in your GV settings, when you answer a phone call on your tablet, you don't need to mess around with the dial pad and pressing 1 to be connected.

Just a little tip for those who didn't know.

What service provider are you using?

@ les:

Must be AT&T then because Addison's minutes are also not being used.

-Socrates 469 BC

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
I just buy my minutes, Spin.

Actually the wife does this for me so I'm not exactly sure how she set this up.

Posts: 1,283 | Thanked: 370 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ South Florida
Originally Posted by spinnukur View Post
What service provider are you using?

@ les:

Must be AT&T then because Addison's minutes are also not being used.
I'm sure that's the deal. They're antiques!

Interesting, I have more minutes then I know what to do with so the "free calling" isn't all that useful to me until my contract expires but the ability to have visual voicemail like what was described is amazing. Now I just need to get a Google Voice account

I'm a little confused about how this is going to work over wifi only. Where i live t-mobile has 0 coverage and i'm getting an N900 no matter what. Is there going to be a way to make/receive calls easily over wifi only? Also, this was just posted on engadget: http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/27/g...nes-voicemail/ stating that we can now use our existing # with google voice? Will that work over wifi? Thanks!

Originally Posted by bleomycin View Post
I'm a little confused about how this is going to work over wifi only. Where i live t-mobile has 0 coverage and i'm getting an N900 no matter what. Is there going to be a way to make/receive calls easily over wifi only? Also, this was just posted on engadget: http://www.engadget.com/2009/10/27/g...nes-voicemail/ stating that we can now use our existing # with google voice? Will that work over wifi? Thanks!
yes to both; how-to instructions are available in the forum threads and wiki.

Last edited by wesgreen; 2009-10-27 at 13:56.

"Unlimited Cell Minutes

Never use your N900 cell minutes ever again. T-Mobile has MyFav5, simply make one of these your GV number. When you call your GV number, it'll ask you for your pin, after you've entered it, you'll be told if you wish to make a call press 2. After you've pressed 2, enter the number you wish to call, area code first and BAM you've saved your minutes. Give out your GV number, so when someone calls, it goes to your cell and you're covered under the MyFav5 so again...minutes not used!"

say i didnt think about that function :\
hmm....