Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Considering it's a touted feature which Nokia packaged with the OS.. I think it's quite likely in their court. Particularly because it came with the OS. Who do you think Adobe treats as their customer in this case? Nokia or the individual user?
Sorry, Dan, that's disingenuous. Do you REALLY want to go there? If so, first start examining every product out there that bundles anything...

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
BTW, http://www.adobe.com/support/securit...apsa09-03.html (aka remote code execution vulnerability, theoretically possible to exploit on ARM but not done yet).

Adobe has already released the 9.x i386 update, but AFAIK not the ARM one and it's still unknown if they're going to release it.

Last edited by javispedro; 2009-08-03 at 00:11.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
You don't even want to know how difficult it was to share that sort of thing inside.

Ever hear the expression "pushing rope"?
Heh... one of these days, you will have to share this story man.

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Heh... one of these days, you will have to share this story man.
Here's the story:

I was a feedback analyst. My job was to mine data, identify trends/risks, and provide feedback.

No one wanted any.

The end.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Here's the story:

I was a feedback analyst. My job was to mine data, identify trends/risks, and provide feedback.

No one wanted any.

The end.
Way more anti-climatic than I was prepared for. No hatchets? No threats? No drama?

Boo

"Pushing rope"?

Not at all. Adobe doesn't do flash because they feel generous. This isn't open source; it's a business. Flash enables commerce, and any device that can't play it, can't participate. That eventually means less revenue back to Adobe.

If we can show a significant set of potential customers that are not going to participate in their business food chain, then they will be more inclined to take action.

We need to let Adobe and Nokia - both - know that they have a large set of customers to serve. And, since I just got my N810, I'm in no mood to fork over a bunch of money on whatever the next model is, especially if it "comes with" a monthly data plan! If that's their answer, then this is probably the LAST Nokia product I will ever buy.

Greg.

I was a feedback analyst. My job was to mine data, identify trends/risks, and provide feedback. No one wanted any.
This pretty much describes Nokia's treatment of Maemo userbase, in a nutshell.

The Following User Says Thank You to fms For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by fms View Post
This pretty much describes Nokia's treatment of Maemo userbase, in a nutshell.
At least for issues reported against Fremantle SDK versions in the last months that's not really true. Quite some stuff got fixed that was originally reported by users, definitely more than 50% of what has been reported.
But I guess we all agree that Nokia could do way better of course.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Andre Klapper View Post
At least for issues reported against Fremantle SDK versions in the last months that's not really true. Quite some stuff got fixed that was originally reported by users, definitely more than 50% of what has been reported.
I did not mean the bug reports against Fremantle SDK. I meant the feedback about released Nokia products, N800 and N810, both the software bug reports and the comments on the hardware, features, mechanics, etc.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fms For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gregd View Post
"Pushing rope"?

Not at all. Adobe doesn't do flash because they feel generous. This isn't open source; it's a business. Flash enables commerce, and any device that can't play it, can't participate. That eventually means less revenue back to Adobe.
I get the feeling maybe you don't understand the expression or maybe the context?

The Following User Says Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:

Tags
flash, update