Active Topics

@ zlatko Ha..., "Bingo!" I fixed and I didn't "Brick" my phone. I followed your old intructions on page 2. The key was activating "Termimal Mode" and learning the commands. Now I free all my "Newb" peoples from ignorence should they need help lol..., thanks to you. Later.

Hi,

since I used that shortcut app my quicklaunchbar became buggy too.. after trying to follow the steps posted in page 2 I now got the problem that my quicklaunchbar is completely blank. Must have done something even more wrong. Now I wanted to completely reset it, if possible.

"cp /etc/xdg/meegotouchhome-nokia/launcherbuttons.data /home/user/.config/meegotouchhome-nokia/" didnt work for me. It said launcherbuttons.data already exists.

Is their any safe way to reset the quicklaunchbar easily without destroying anything? Thanks in advance!

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
add -R after cp in your command...ofcourse a space must separate cp from -R

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
add -R after cp in your command...ofcourse a space must separate cp from -R
Same story, unfortunately.

I get

"cp: can't create /home/user/.config/meegotouchhome-nokia/launcherbutton.data": File exists

then just do:

rm -rf /home/user/.config/meegotouchhome-nokia/launcherbuttons.data
cp -R /etc/xdg/meegotouchhome-nokia/launcherbuttons.data /home/user/.config/meegotouchhome-nokia/

Take care of all the spellings...

Hmmm exactly the same errror message:

"cp: can't create /home/user/.config/meegotouchhome-nokia/launcherbutton.data": File exists

do it as user not root for the cp step...

You may also need to do the rm step as user as its in /home/user/

ah it worked as user, thought root could do anything . App launcher is a mess now as expected. Quicklaunchbar has been resetted partially. I thought that it would reset completely to default (phone, messaging, web, camera).

Now I got my old config "phone, blank (actually wazapp), opera, camera". Better than before, of course, but any chance to get the blank spot filled with wazapp?

yup get the wazapp .desktop file and copy it into /home/user/.local/share/applications/quicklaunchbar1.desktop

The order starts from 0 for quicklaunchbar so 1 means the second icon from the left...

Do the above as user...

for the wazapp .desktop file look into /usr/share/applications/

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
So if I understand you correctly, I get wazapp.desktop (where do i get it from exactly? ), rename it to quicklaunchbar1.desktop and put it into the folder "/home/user/.local/share/applications/"?