Posts: 89 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Chennai
luckily my friend is in USA now ,,, will ask him to get it possibly

Posts: 242 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ UK/Scotland
Hey guys i was wondering if you could offer some insight as to why the numbers 11 51 101 501 are considered auspicious in Indian culture. google only tells me these numbers are auspicious but doesn't offer any explanation as to why....

I'm an international Business student and I need to carry out a workshop about Indian (Goa) Culture.
Thanks, much appreciated

Cantonese Pen Power Input is only available in Hong Kong...SUX!

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
11,51,101,501? I didn't know they were auspicious. Maybe coz 11 and 101 is primes? I have no idea. Anybody else wanna take a shot at this?

I know 13 is considered unlucky...

Originally Posted by anees View Post
During my recent visit to Kerala, I tried charging N900 using the stock Nokia charger adaptor (CA-146C) and it didn't work out. LED stayed lit amber initially and then it goes faint blinking red

But I remeber it did charge using the same adaptor earlier when in New Delhi.
Hmmm, that is intresting. I use the nokia stock AC-10 charger just fine. I also use the adapter occasionally. Did u try in different places in Kerala?

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Last edited by ejasmudar; 2011-03-21 at 03:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
so anyone from indore city???? i don,t expact anyone from indore, however i want to see how my expectation is correct.

and someone disagrees(my erlier post in page1) when i said "indian like easy to use phone"...... as we all know here in india many people don't know how to speak english, so how can they use N900?

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by nicholes View Post
so anyone from indore city???? i don,t expact anyone from indore, however i want to see how my expectation is correct.

and someone disagrees(my erlier post in page1) when i said "indian like easy to use phone"...... as we all know here in india many people don't know how to speak english, so how can they use N900?
Dude, I disagree with you too. We indians are at the forefront of technology and education the world over. But the problem is lack of exposure to Linux. Thanks to Microsoft's policy of windows in schools and rampant piracy, nobody is familiar with linux, but loves the 'free' windows! Thats why there is the apparant behavior of loving to use easy phones.

If people were more familiar with linux and its flexibility, there would be more users (I repeat, we are NOT dumb). I know plenty of university computer science graduates who are geeks, yet they have only a less-than-superficial understanding of linux.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

i am from mumbai using N900....but might move on to andriod now in few months. bored of n900 as there are no more updates from nokia and voice navigation doesnt work which even work in simple 10,000 rupees nokia phones....thinking of going for google nexus s now.

Linux Based Devices : Motorokr e6 | Nokia N900

Am from Hyderbad.This is my first post. And thanks to community for great updates.. Proud owner of N900 for almost 8 months now Have Nitrdroid installed in it and ofcourse CSSU.. Looking forward for Meego. Everything feels great about this phone. Though im noob with respect to Linux, the love for N900 made me go linux way. I have Ubuntu on my Laptop now and its great.
By the way herez a tip for music lovers. If you feel your Nokia speakers WH205 is horrible, go for Sony MH610 headphones. They work well with respect to Audio as well as Phone service. I was lucky and got one for RS200 in Jagdish market (you will know this place if u live in Hyd).

The Following User Says Thank You to naninenu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
Originally Posted by sdesai View Post
i am from mumbai using N900....but might move on to andriod now in few months. bored of n900 as there are no more updates from nokia and voice navigation doesnt work which even work in simple 10,000 rupees nokia phones....thinking of going for google nexus s now.
oh dear! i use sygic with voice nav. works veryyyyy perfact for me.

Originally Posted by nicholes View Post
oh dear! i use sygic with voice nav. works veryyyyy perfact for me.
sygic doesnt come free and the amnt it costs might as well get map my india gps device. and anyways why should i buy smthing when others get it free..

Linux Based Devices : Motorokr e6 | Nokia N900

Last edited by sdesai; 2011-03-21 at 05:47.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by sdesai View Post
sygic doesnt come free and the amnt it costs might as well get map my india gps device. and anyways why should i buy smthing when others get it free..
How good is the google maps coverage in your area? Modrana uses their tiles and is pretty good.

BTW my family come from near Navsari, Gujurat, although I was born in England.

Tags
trainwreck