Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
If only you would have posted this a year ago.

I don't think there's too many of us N8x0 survivors left here anymore.

Well, this was the best I could find on the net, and even so, I'm not sure it's what you're looking for.
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/list...velopers/56269

If you want, I have no problem bumping this thread forever until someone responds. *lol*

Addison, I am on my second N800 and intend to keep buying and using this model until something better comes along (N910?). Until then I will faithfully monitor this forum daily in order to aid my fellow internet table brothers!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Shin, did you ever find a way to change the theme in Cairo Clock without it going full screen on you?

Cairo Clock is very nice with a transparency effect as well and doesn't make the tablet run chunky like SVG Clock does.

I've rifled through many directories using Emelfm2 but I'm not seeing where it's installed and I certainly don't have a
/usr/share/cairo-clock/themes/default
folder.

Just curious since it looks like none of the punk users here are going to take a look at your python code.

Posts: 133 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Travel bag
you would not find a theme folder because the Original Cairo clock does not have one.. The color and the transparency are brought about essentially through alpha channels in Cairo using such code as
Code:
cr.set_source_rgba(0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 0.0)
The single most important difference between Cairo Clock and SVG Clock is that I have enabled SVG rendering support in the SVGClock. This basically enables different themes/clock face rendering for the clock.

You find the SVGClock 'chunky' or slow compared to the Cairoclock, because in the SVG clock, different SVG files/clock parts ( clock face, minute & seconds hand etc) are getting rendered real time compared to simple Cairo lines and arc generated in case of Cairo Clock

You can get an 'acceptable' level of performance in SVGClock by disabling the second hand ticking ( reduces CPU cycles), as mentioned in Post #30 of this thread.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shin For This Useful Post:
So Cairo Clock doesn't even have a default theme somewhere?

It's just drawing the whole clock by some type of math program only?

I really wish someone would man up and look at your python code.

Stupid forum users.

Hey shin.

I asked two of the smartest people I know online about this, which for me, probably isn't saying much.

Anyway, the response I received was that python is a dead language. I doubt we'll get any support here.

Too bad because your SVGClock could have used the attention it deserved.

The Following User Says Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
Addison - Thank you for the interest in having the SVGClock work better.. Though the second hand can be disabled as mentioned above to reduce CPU load and improve performance, the seconds hand ticking makes the clock complete somehow..So it would be good to have it work better with the seconds hand enabled

As for Python, I am trying to learn atleast to fix my code and performance . Actually its not just python but GTK too, to enable buffering ( pixbuf or Pixmap) so that the stationary SVG components are not rendered every time loading the CPU.. The issue is time for the learning, out of the available free time.. Somebody pitching in and showing the direction would surely help a lot and is a good short-cut to that. Else I am committed to having this work better, sooner or later

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shin For This Useful Post:
How's the GTK and Python studying coming along there, Shin?

Are you still getting your read on with this?

Your clock definitely completes the desktop environment so I'm hoping you'll find a way to reduce the CPU cycle load for it.

So best of luck.

If you need a real man to help you....................... maybe I can refer you to someone I know. *lol*

Anyway, post an update on whatever. This is like one of the few remaining threads here that I find entertaining.

Oh, and I have a new Desktop theme thanks to you.

The Following User Says Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
How's the GTK and Python studying coming along there, Shin?

Are you still getting your read on with this?

Your clock definitely completes the desktop environment so I'm hoping you'll find a way to reduce the CPU cycle load for it.

So best of luck.

If you need a real man to help you....................... maybe I can refer you to someone I know. *lol*

Anyway, post an update on whatever. This is like one of the few remaining threads here that I find entertaining.

Oh, and I have a new Desktop theme thanks to you.

Nice, desktop, Addison!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Den in USA View Post
Nice, desktop, Addison!
Thanks Den!

I'm currently waiting on this one guy to finish up on his icons.

Shouldn't be too much longer since he already has an excellent preview for them.

Anyway, it's kind of a fun theme to play around with.

Have been busy with work the last week.. I think I know what I need to do to achieve better performance and make the SVGClock consume less CPU cycles.. But for the life of me, I dont know how to do it..not yet.. But I ended up modularizing and cleaning up the code..

So I went ahead and posted here on the developers forum.. Hope someone would help! and I hope to work on it further when I find more time..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shin For This Useful Post: