Notices

Posts: 166 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Saturn View Post
Hi,

Thanks for continuing supporting this application. I find it great.

What I've done as a small workaround, in order to have all my entries for the last couple of years, was to:
1. modify all settings on the N900 version to be equal to what I have on my N800.
2. Export the db from my N800 in a csv file.
3. Copy the csv file on my N900.
4. Import the file in N900's fuelpad.

I have only one driver and car and this was the only way which was successful. Previously I've tried to copy and replace the fuelpad.db file but it didn't work.

Hope it helps.
Thanks for that. I am happy to hear that you have been successful in using the export/import method. However, you should be able to replace fuelpad.db. Just remember that you might have to change the current car and driver from Settings on N900. Otherwise Fuelpad shows the data of the default car that may have no records at all.

A new package version (0.82-fremantle6) is now in extras-devel. I removed the database open button as discussed before. I also removed the apply button in the toolbar, which caused some confusion in choosing the current car. So the car is changed now automatically. I did a minor change to the postinst script but since the installation worked fine in scratchbox before this I really can't tell why the icon was not updated in the device before rebooting. These are the only changes compared to 0.82-fremantle5.

Hello all Fuelpad users! The only thing holding me from promoting Fuelpad to extras-testing has been the problem with the icon not showing in the application launcher before rebooting. I just realized that this is not probably my fault at all: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=484152.

Fuelpad has now been in extras-devel for quite a while and no bugs have been reported nor has there been any discussion here on t.m.o. related to any problems with it. I will therefore promote it to extras-testing shortly unless someone has good reasons not to.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
I have nothing against promoting to extras-testing, works fine. But I don't get the logic behind the info bar bottom of the screen. Is it supposed to work in the situation that you start using fuelpad after your cars mileage is above 0? I have a car that has about 20 000km and if I put that figure to km (first entry), calculations go really wrong. Am I doing something wrong here?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
I have nothing against promoting to extras-testing, works fine. But I don't get the logic behind the info bar bottom of the screen. Is it supposed to work in the situation that you start using fuelpad after your cars mileage is above 0? I have a car that has about 20 000km and if I put that figure to km (first entry), calculations go really wrong. Am I doing something wrong here?
The bottom bar shows the distance YOU have driven. So if your first entry is 20000 km and the last 25000 km, then the bottom bar shows 5000 km. Or doesn't it?

Originally Posted by jlu View Post
The bottom bar shows the distance YOU have driven. So if your first entry is 20000 km and the last 25000 km, then the bottom bar shows 5000 km. Or doesn't it?
thanks, silly me, should have tested more before posting. Had some entries with km=0 that messed things up.
Google Custom Search

A new release 0.82-fremantle7 is now in testing correcting the critical bug which mikkov reported and helped me to debug and correct. So bold testers, thumbs up.

feature request:

typing only distance, not total kms would automatically calculate correct total mileage.

but works really fine as it is (no issues in QA checklist) so I voted for it.
Google Custom Search

Thumbs up.

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
feature request:

typing only distance, not total kms would automatically calculate correct total mileage.
It should be possible to implement but I believe that your total mileage will drift after a few trips unless of course you check and correct the total km. Consider adding this as a feature request in the garage page https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/?at...54&func=browse, otherwise I easily forget it.