Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
I had the same issue but I solved it (mostly). In my school, I couldn't connect either (Haagse Hogeschool: The Hague). These are the steps I took to get it working:

- visit ICT department! They will know the technical data of your school's wifi network and if any kindness; print you a sheet with the specs. (My school's wifi originally only supports windows, Imac, amd Iphone *grunt* but I said that I might get it working, so he asked if my phone is open source Ahhh.. you guessed it so he replied it could work.)

- Set up the wifi according to the info ICT has given you. You could however try it as shown below, but it is very likely your school has different settings.

- Install certificates, if required. Saerch your school's site for wifi info, it is possible they have a page there where you can download the required certificate(s). Save to device first, browse to the file, and click to install.

- If EAP based, I have set it up this way:
Name: *Name of school's wifi here*
Leave box unchecked. select infrastructure. and WPA-EAP.
Next tab, PEAP
Certificate: None (couldent select one, but installed 2 certificates I found on my school's site) and EAP MSCHAPv2
next tab, enter your school login name and password. Leave box unchecked.
Last tab, go to advanced. Don't ude proxy's, get IP and DNS automatically, select 100Mw on 3rd tab with energy saving on. Last page, check the first box, retype your username and pass.

That's it, it works for me with these settings. Also search for the wifi wiki page on maemo.org.

PS: strangely, sometimes I fail to connect. Verification failed, and then try again and it works. If not, I go to the wifi settings-advanced-EAP and uncheck the box that is checked and save. It usually works for a certain amount of time. When I cannot connect again, I go to the same settings and re-check the box again under advanced-EAP. Weird, but fizzly working.

The Following User Says Thank You to blipnl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 137 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ United States
@foxtrot im 19 and a sophmore