Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Well, since I didn't get a response on how to get a right click on the screen like I was asking, I'll just have the right D-Pad switch to all right clicks and then the left D-Pad to switch it all back again.

Thanks for at least reading my request though.

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2010 @ central US
Hold stylus on the link for context menu

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ wisconsin
Hey everyone. I'm back again. The site you gave was way cool. Definitely bookmarked material. I do have a greater understanding of the terminal and how its used. And as you all know the x terminal is somewhat lacking. So instaed of just learning through x terminal. I decided to try alot of the same commands through ubuntu lucid lynx terminal. and found that more user friendly. I'll also admit to jumping to the spots that I wanted to know the most of and skipping over alot of things. And still the possibility of the answer being back there is still quite possible. So I'll still pose this question. I had tried the same inputs and a few others that I had found in other tutorials. And still end up with the same answer.

gcc: program.c: no such file or directory
gcc: program.c: no input file.

The previous was from the ubuntu terminal.
and I had myself in the same directory as where the program.c file was. I had the codetest.c file in the Desktop directory and I entered cd /home/user/Desktop which had placed me into the same place as the program. And I still got the same answer. In closing I'll say this. I feel I'm making a small simple error. ANd I'll most likely go DOOH!!!! when I discover how simple and miniscule it was. ANd still Thanx a bunch a head of time for any help. One more quick question? How do add more commands to the terminal? So it can be similar to ubuntu terminal. Because man and info pages are pretty sweet.

Last edited by gitsjunkie; 2011-08-23 at 08:25.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ wisconsin
Hello everyone again. I have figured it all out and know it to a science. Everything that was stated by maacruz was accurate and on the mark. And as well as by lma and jmart. The problem was simple and of course I did the DOOH! The answer was simply this. When writing the code in a simple text editor. I recommend vi or vim for this. You need to save the file with a " .c " extension NOT as a standard text file. Or you will sit at your machine and wonder why the hell isn't this working. PLEASE make sure and do this to avoid such anguish and disgust. And as always THANX BIG TIME for all of your assistance and support. For now I have accomplished a herculean task. ANd now I can go gang busters on the C studies and master it. And then come back and offer advice to whomever needs it from time to time.

Originally Posted by yoh View Post
Hold stylus on the link for context menu
That doesn't work on my end.

The Escape key will bring up new actions or if I tap near the top of the screen, but a long hold does nothing.

Even still, certain games (Broken Sword, Discworld, etc.) require a right click so this is what I have:

/home/user/.xbindkeysrc_scumm
"xmodmap -e "pointer = 3 2 1""
Right

"xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 2 3""
Left

I launch this before SCUMM fires up:
xbindkeys -f /home/user/.xbindkeysrc_scumm

If someone would like me to newbie package that together, just ask.

It also works with Dosbox for games like X-Com but I would remap the hardware keys differently.

SCUMM doesn't really have any need for the D-Pad but Dosbox usually does.

It still would be nice if I only had one key for this... Hold a hardware key and tap for a right click, but I don't know how to term that in the config file.

Oh, and how did this thread get derailed from only talking about me and my needs?

I'm also waiting to hear back from the author of Vagalume on pumping out the volume even louder. I'll email him again later tonight.

God bless.

I think this might be the very last of my questions.

Can I have D-Bus or whatever call a script while running Roxterm when I touch the screen?

Here's what I'm trying to do.

Instead of the small keyboard on the bottom of the screen, I'm thinking of having nothing.

When I tap the screen, it will bring up a big Xkbd keyboard, something like this.

After I type whatever, the Enter key will send out a normal Enter signal and then kill Xkbd.

When using Roxterm I stop MCE and also stop the hildon keyboard from appearing on the screen.
/etc/init.d/mce stop
gconftool-2 --set -t bool /system/osso/af/keyboard-attached true

So anyway, does this make sense to anyone?

Is it possible to do this?

Thanks for reading.

Well, so far I'm making great progress on this.

The Zoom Out hardware key launches Xkbd (it still would be nice if I could just touch the screen to launch it though) and the Enter Key sends a Return signal and then closes the keyboard.

I've got a really weird issue though.

I know that none of you boys here really use Xkbd but I'm hoping someone might have a clue to what is happening with my problem.

Launching it without any apps and the keyboard is on top of the screen, just like it's needed.

Launching it with Xterm in window mode and the keyboard remains on top.

However, if I launch it with Xterm or Roxterm while they are in full screen mode, for some reason, the keyboard drops to the bottom of the screen.

I have no clue why it does this.

Could someone please ponder a guess as to what might be causing this issue.

I would be so very, incredibly thankful.

The pattern is always consistent whether I type out my script in Xterm "/usr/bin/tfkey" or use the hardware key to launch it.

Here's my command to bring the keyboard onscreen.
xkbd -geometry +65536+65536 -k /media/mmc2/N800/Keyboards/Full.xkbd

And yeah, I've tried it with different -geometry settings but none of them take if Xterm is full screen in the background.

Cheers.

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Can I have D-Bus or whatever call a script while running Roxterm when I touch the screen?

Is it possible to do this?
Anything is possible, just depends on if generic code exists to do it or not.

ASUI creates a hidden window that grabs screen events so it can intercept the first tap that wakes up the screen when not locked. You could pull the blank window code (window_open_blank) out of ASUI's window.c file and have it send a dbus message to launch Xkbd and then quit. When Xkbd quits have it relaunch the blank window. You'd also need a way to tell the blank window to quit when you close roxterm.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
Ooh!

I should take a look at your coding then.

I honestly don't even know how to create a variable.

Maybe I could pick up on a few things from what you have done already.

Just to add, I've tried full screen Tear, MicroB, Emelfm2, etc., in the background and the keyboard will launch on the bottom of the screen.

If any of those are in window mode, the keyboard will launch on the top like I've requested it to do.

I have no idea why the background should have anything to do with where Xkbd launches.

Tags
nokia n800, volume