Posts: 290 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ New York City
the DROID LOOKS alot sleeker because of the design of it but in reality is extremely close to the Nokia N900 is size

MOTO Droid - 60.00 x 115.80 x 13.70 mm
Nokia N900 - 59.8 x 110.9 x 18 mm

The Following User Says Thank You to mrebanza For This Useful Post:
Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Another example of small people trying to force big people to do what is comfortable for them.
I think this is the N900 mini. Where is the dpad and N810 sized screen.

Q: Why do other brands make phones that are too small to grab/hold?

A: They hope to sell their inferior products to children that can't grasp the essence of open source

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Universe,LocalCluster.MilkyWay.Sol.Earth.Europe.Slovenia.Ljubljana
Hmm weren't the scandinavians responsible for
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavian_Design

a design movement characterised by:
- simple designs
- minimalism
- functionality
- low-cost mass production

I doubt you can get simpler then the form of the N900... its also minimal and functional... no clue about that last one though.
zsh|xmms2|fcron|gtar|gcoreutils

The Following User Says Thank You to ruskie For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SAABoy View Post
Well I'll go ahead and say that Nokia's are probably thicker because they have more H/W features. For example, when comparing to a Droid/Milestone... People have already commented that the keyboard isn't that great to type on... How about the lack of a forward facing camera, or what I believe to be an inferior camera.

Better keyboard and better/additional camera take up space right?
does the camera work out of the box???

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I think it would be a hoot to carry an old-fashioned dial phone in a backpack and grab it to take calls in public places. Do they still do episodes of Candid Camera? It would be fun to see the reactions...

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Kingston Jamaica
lol guys this is a laugh... i mean iv heard so many bad reviews about the size and bla bla bla. i had my n80 for over a year and i never had a problem. while gearing up to get my n900 after seeing the reviews i got scared about the bulkyness of the device. then i decided to check out the specs(size and weight) and low and behold its thinner and lighter than the n80 so i said what tha heck these ppl complaining about...?

Geez, you people and your lust for tiny tiny devices means I have to put up with a 1300mAh battery...

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by craftyguy View Post
Maybe it's to compensate for an extremely small...wait, I don't want to be banned
I think they should take the cue from Nintendo.

They're not afraid to show off their small, fair, yet shapely WiiWii that can stand erect proudly to perform in front of a group of elderly people.

Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

why do nokia not use li-poly batteries like se? i seem to remember them having higher energy density?

Tags
infinitesimal, not for metrosexuals, small-penised designers