Posts: 182 | Thanked: 540 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Bayer10 is RAW sensor data format. Most camera sensors allow export of data in either already pre-processed format (some form of YUV) or in raw, usually unprocessed output of sensor.

As sensor typically has number of color filters, they need to be placed in certain order and quantities to allow capture of light similar to what our eye does. Bryce E. Bayer from Eastman Kodak developed specific arrangement pattern where 50% of green and 25% of red and blue are used. This pattern became quite popular and thus output format from any sensor that uses this arrangement is called Bayer pattern.

Bayer 10 means 10-bit values for Green Red Blue Green output from the sensor. "not supported" here means that V4L2 driver for this particular sensor does not allow to access to RAW output from Bayer filter of the sensor. Perhaps, the RAW output is possible to get by other ways, but V4L2 driver implementation simply does not give you such output.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to abbra For This Useful Post:
Note to self: Just create jpeg's.

I just switched from creating 'png' files to creating 'jpeg' files and creation time is now two blinks of an eye. And that's with quality set to 100%.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
This seems to be good news to me: GDigicam at maemo.gitorious.org

Do you not have a Fremantle dev environment? If yes, why?

I've attached the non-doc/dbg debs if you wanted to try it out.

The Following User Says Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I just meant it is good news to see fresh source code in this area being posted and developed in real time.

EDIT: The examples and tests look interesting, though...

Tags
camera, fremantle, gstreamer, maemo 5