Active Topics

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Okay, it seems that only call and e-mail notifications are working.

At least I can't get IM notifications, Text notifications or Music player commands to work. And the call notifications light up also when one makes call by himself.

Is this how it is currently supposed to be?

Still great job and definitely better than nothing. I mainly use my Pebble for biking and and situations when I can't hear or have sounds on my phone. So at least getting notified for calls and e-mails is 50% of what I need.

Any future plans to get the IM notifications or Music controls working?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
If I remember that correct there is a patch for getting Music controls working. And text notifications work on my end.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by geekgirl74 View Post
Might sound funny, but I'm really happy now. Only some weeks ago I couldn't imagine to finally get completely rid of Android and now I'm about to sell my Nexus 5, cause my Jolla fulfills my needs.

If you take donations, I'm willing to donate
It's very nice to hear that the work on SkippingStones is appreciated.
Besides being "selfish" and "just" getting my own hardware to work another reason for me to code for Jolla is enthusiasm about open source etc. and to try to support the Jolla ecosystem.

Originally Posted by Boxeri View Post
Are Wonko and Elleo (dev for Rockwatch) aware of each others work? Maybe pooling resources?

Elleos work is here and I remember there being talk somewhere that some functionality of connecting his app with Pebble was problem for him. Maybe Wonko has solution for that?

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=Rockwatch
Yes, we are aware of each others work.
Unfortunately, as far as I am aware, Elleo also does not have any free time, right now.

Okay, it seems that only call and e-mail notifications are working.

At least I can't get IM notifications, Text notifications or Music player commands to work. And the call notifications light up also when one makes call by himself.

Is this how it is currently supposed to be?

Still great job and definitely better than nothing. I mainly use my Pebble for biking and and situations when I can't hear or have sounds on my phone. So at least getting notified for calls and e-mails is 50% of what I need.

Any future plans to get the IM notifications or Music controls working?
Please explain what you mean with "IM notification".
I just tested the latest version (0.6) again with XMPP/Jabber and the notifications work.

With respect to music controls:
Getting these to work requires some manual work as this requires to patch one file of the Jolla music player app.
The steps are (roughly) as follows (Please note that you need developer mode enabled for this.):
Code:
# Open a terminal.
# Download the patch.
curl -O https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ruedigergad/SkippingStones/master/audioplayer_dbus.patch
# Test if the "patch" tool is installed.
patch -v
# Install the "patch" tool if needed.
pkcon install patch
# Please re-check if the install was successful via "patch -v".
# I am not that sure if the pkcon command is correct.

# Become root.
devel-su
# Apply the patch.
cd /usr/lib/qt5/qml/com/jolla/mediaplayer
patch < /home/nemo/audioplayer_dbus.patch
Now, you should get notifications about the currently playing song as well be able to control the music app via your Pebble.

However, as you also noticed, there are many limitations, right now.
Please read this entire thread to get more detailed information.
I think, in one of my first posts in this thread, I explain the limitations in more detail.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post:
Thanks for the answers

The patch was easy to follow through and got my music controls working.

I am usin Mitäkuuluu by Coderus here in TMO http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=Mitakuuluu

These notifications just won't come through to the watch for me. Same with the text messages, they are not showing.

I further improved the handling of Mitäkuuluu messages (this is version 0.7):
https://github.com/ruedigergad/Skipp...l.rpm?raw=true
Even with 0.6 you should have gotten at least something.
Please make sure that you have the latest version installed to use all new features.

Edit: Which version of Mitäkuuluu are you using?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post:
Hmm, weird. Out of the blue, one TXT notification just came through. But the next following 2 didn't come.

Also not a single Mitakuuluu notification come through at least for me. Call notification as well as, e-mail and music controls work every time.

Even this level of funtionality has given me my Pebble "back". Can make it with 85% of my wishes fullfilled

Thank you for great work

EDIT: TRYING THE NEW VERSION NOW

Not even with the new version I am receiving anything.

I ran SkippingStones from terminal and it is definetly recognizing Mitakuuluu now. It is listening to sent messages also!

But when receiving a message, it displays this:

[D] DbusAdapter::Notify:59 - Got notification via dbus from "harbour-mitakuuluu-server"
Got notification. AppName: harbour-mitakuuluu-server; Summary: Joo soitetaan t?st? kun l?hdet??n!; Body: Jussi
Ignoring message from harbour-mitakuuluu-server as we handle these messages somewhere else.

I am using the latest Mitakuuluu (02.10) and also latest SkippingStones

Hmm, now again one message got thourgh. This time it was from Mitakuuluu! But the sms didn't come at all

Code:
[D] DbusAdapter::_smsReceived:106 - Got sms dbus message: QDBusMessage(type=Signal, service=":1.12", path="/ril_0", inte                       rface="org.ofono.MessageManager", member="IncomingMessage", signature="sa{sv}", contents=("Terveiset, matkalla Hesaan.",                        [Argument: a{sv} {"LocalSentTime" = [Variant(QString): "2014-04-12T09:00:51+0000"], "SentTime" = [Variant(QString): "20                       14-04-12T12:00:51+0300"], "Sender" = [Variant(QString): "+358403004345"]}]) )
[D] DbusAdapter::_smsReceived:113 - Extracted argument map: QMap(("LocalSentTime", "2014-04-12T09:00:51+0000")("Sender",                        "+358403004345")("SentTime", "2014-04-12T12:00:51+0300"))
Ignoring received SMS, from: +358403004345 text: Terveiset, matkalla Hesaan.
We should have gotten a notification via onCommhistoryd.
[D] DbusAdapter::Notify:59 - Got notification via dbus from "commhistoryd"
[D] DbusAdapter::Notify:72 - Ignoring this commhistoryd message: "?IS? M?rk? ??" ; "Terveiset, matkalla Hesaan." ; QHash                       (("x-nemo-item-count", QVariant(int, 1) ) ( "category" ,  QVariant(QString, "x-nemo.messaging.sms") ) ( "x-nemo-feedback                       " ,  QVariant(QString, "") ) ( "x-nemo-remote-action-default" ,  QVariant(QString, "org.nemomobile.qmlmessages / org.nem                       omobile.qmlmessages startConversation AAAACgAAAABoAC8AbwByAGcALwBmAHIAZQBlAGQAZQBzAGsAdABvAHAALwBUAGUAbABlAHAAYQB0AGgAeQ                       AvAEEAYwBjAG8AdQBuAHQALwByAGkAbgBnAC8AdABlAGwALwBhAGMAYwBvAHUAbgB0ADA= AAAACgAAAAAaACsAMwA1ADgANAAwADMAMAAwADQAMwA0ADU=                        AAAAAwAAAAAA") ) )
[D] DbusAdapter::Notify:59 - Got notification via dbus from "commhistoryd"
Got commhistoryd notification. Summary: IS? M?rk? ?; Body: Terveiset, matkalla Hesaan.
Sending data: IS? M?rk? ?,Terveiset, matkalla Hesaan.,1397293253938 Endpoint:3000 Prefix:1
Adding text "IS? M?rk? ?" with length 11.
Adding text "Terveiset, matkalla Hesaan." with length 27.
Adding text "1397293253938" with length 13.
[D] BtConnector::write:100 - Writing: "003b0bb8010b4953c384204dc3b6726bc3b620c2a51b5465727665697365742c206d61746b616c6c6                       12048657361616e2e0d31333937323933323533393338"
[D] BtConnector::write:102 - Write returned: 63
[D] DbusAdapter::_mitakuuluuMessageReceived:80 - Mitakuuluu messageReceived: QDBusMessage(type=Signal, service=":1.48", path="/", interface="org.coderus.harbour_mitakuuluu_server", member="messageReceived", signature="a{sv}", contents=([Argument: a{sv} {"author" = [Variant(QString): "358442007182@s.whatsapp.net"], "broadcast" = [Variant(int): 0], "jid" = [Variant(QString): "358442007182@s.whatsapp.net"], "localurl" = [Variant(QString): ""], "mediaduration" = [Variant(int): 0], "medialat" = [Variant(QString): "0"], "medialon" = [Variant(QString): "0"], "mediamime" = [Variant(QString): ""], "medianame" = [Variant(QString): ""], "mediaprogress" = [Variant(int): 0], "mediasize" = [Variant(int): 0], "mediathumb" = [Variant(QString): ""], "mediatype" = [Variant(int): 0], "mediaurl" = [Variant(QString): ""], "message" = [Variant(QString): "Moi"], "msgid" = [Variant(QString): "1397293268-8"], "msgstatus" = [Variant(int): 4], "msgtype" = [Variant(int): 2], "timestamp" = [Variant(qulonglong): 1397293305]}]) )
[D] DbusAdapter::_mitakuuluuMessageReceived:87 - Extracted argument map: QMap(("author", "358442007182@s.whatsapp.net")("broadcast", "0")("jid", "358442007182@s.whatsapp.net")("localurl", "")("mediaduration", "0")("medialat", "0")("medialon", "0")("mediamime", "")("medianame", "")("mediaprogress", "0")("mediasize", "0")("mediathumb", "")("mediatype", "0")("mediaurl", "")("message", "Moi")("msgid", "1397293268-8")("msgstatus", "4")("msgtype", "2")("timestamp", "1397293305"))
Got commhistoryd notification. Summary: 358442007182@s.whatsapp.net; Body: Moi
Sending data: 358442007182@s.whatsapp.net,Moi,1397293305072 Endpoint:3000 Prefix:1
Adding text "358442007182@s.whatsapp.net" with length 27.
Adding text "Moi" with length 3.
Adding text "1397293305072" with length 13.
[D] BtConnector::write:100 - Writing: "002f0bb8011b33353834343230303731383240732e77686174736170702e6e6574034d6f690d31333937323933333035303732"
[D] BtConnector::write:102 - Write returned: 51
[D] DbusAdapter::Notify:59 - Got notification via dbus from "harbour-mitakuuluu-server"
Got notification. AppName: harbour-mitakuuluu-server; Summary: Moi; Body: Jussi M?kel?
Ignoring message from harbour-mitakuuluu-server as we handle these messages somewhere else.

Last edited by Boxeri; 2014-04-12 at 09:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to Boxeri For This Useful Post:
I am using the latest Mitakuuluu (02.10) and also latest SkippingStones

Hmm, now again one message got thourgh. This time it was from Mitakuuluu! But the sms didn't come at all
Thanks for the detailed report.
It seems SkippingStones is currently struggling to send "special" unicode characters.
I could also reproduce it here with the German umlauts "ä", "ö", "ü".
If there was a special character in the message, the message wasn't shown on the Pebble.
I will look into this and how this can be fixed.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post:
The unicode issue should be fixed in version 0.8:
https://github.com/ruedigergad/Skipp...l.rpm?raw=true

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 230 | Thanked: 185 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Sweden
Man, this thread makes me wanna get a Pebble!

The Following User Says Thank You to towhatend For This Useful Post: