Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 856 | Thanked: 1,681 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Aleppo ,Syria
Originally Posted by Mentalist Traceur View Post
Okay, I see what it did. That was the thing I was saying about the possible mess-up of optification and/or symlinking. I'll revert that change.

Oh But actualy i checked inside /usr/local/sbin/
and found only the packages installed by aircrack
otherwise i would hav ln -s one by one

Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
Originally Posted by karam View Post
Oh But actualy i checked inside /usr/local/sbin/
and found only the packages installed by aircrack
otherwise i would hav ln -s one by one
*Nod*

As a side-note: I'm not so sure aircrack-ng was ever properly optified. I need to look into that more. Because right now it seems like only the documentation gets optified - where-as my .tar files in the day had all the binaries optified too... I also don't really see the point of aircrack-ng putting binaries in /usr/local/[s]bin, as that's not even part of the default path in the N900. When I start understanding debian packaging better, I'll see if I can get the binaries to be installed to /opt/[somewhere]/[that]/[makes]/[sense] and just make symlinks in /usr/bin/ and /usr/sbin/ or wherever.

- Edit -

1.1-maemo4 cleared builder; now we wait more.

Posts: 856 | Thanked: 1,681 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Aleppo ,Syria
Hehe i acutaly already optified it in /opt/aircrack-ng as it takes around 1.5 mb from rootfs
And Building a deb that have them optified is better also putting them in /usr/sbin is better and better

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
Yeah, this is confusing.
sbin is in the path if you 'sudo gainroot' or just 'root' but the $PATH is different and only 'root' gives you /usr/local/sbin
I think we can change that from the makefile, but if it's wasting space we could put the optified equivalent instead.
I looked at what is in my sbin and it's just links to the files somewhere else, and "ls -l" from there shows they are optified properly. Of course that is with my older deb, it might be different.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
If anyone knows how to fix me getting this error when trying to run dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -sa -S on iw, I might be able to get an iw version that doesn't conflict with aircrack-ng pushed into devel within a short time after said fix:
Code:
dpkg-buildpackage: source package is iw
dpkg-buildpackage: source version is 0.9.19-1maemo4
dpkg-buildpackage: source changed by Alexander Kozhevnikov <mentalisttraceur@gmail.com>
dpkg-buildpackage: source version without epoch 0.9.19-1maemo4
 fakeroot debian/rules clean
dh clean
Undefined subroutine &main::inhibit_log called at /usr/bin/dh line 224.
make: *** [clean] Error 9
Scratchbox (as installed by the provided auto-installer of the Maemo 5 sdk for Debian), came with debhelper version 5.something. iw as packaged wanted version 7.something, and was giving another error at first. So I upgraded debhelper, getting rid of that error, but now I have the above error, and am stumped on how to proceed.

I can change debian/compat to 5 and debian/rules to a rules file essentially copy-pasted from aircrack-ng, but modified slightly (can you tell how much of a packaging newb I am yet); and then dpkg-buildpackage works fine - BUT I do not wish to try to upload that to the repository because if it builds right but breaks something, I'd end up breaking everyone's iw installs, and unable to fix it - as I can't make a source package with dpkg-buildpackage using the original rules file. And while I would test it by packaging a .deb on my end without all the uploading, I'm having completely unrelated issues with figuring out how to make a .deb file in scratchbox, both for iw and aircrack-ng.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
I thought it's supposed to be "dh_clean"?
(yeah I dunno what it's doing either)
Try to check the ":clean" section of the debian/rules file, maybe change the command(s) there. I guess you could make it match the aircrack one if it doesn't already.

Last edited by Creamy Goodness; 2011-05-25 at 16:56.

Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
I thought it's supposed to be "dh_clean"?
(yeah I dunno what it's doing either)
try to check the clean section of the debian/rules file, maybe change the command there.
The problem is THIS is the debian/rules file included in iw currently:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/make -f
export CFLAGS = -g -O$(if $(findstring noopt,$(DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS)),0,2)
export V=1

%:
	dh $@
There's not much to change. I HAVE tried adding both
Code:
clean:
	dh_clean
and
Code:
clean:
	dh clean
But neither fixed the error. As far as I remember I checked both and if they fixed that error they caused another.

Also, yes, with debhelper 5.something is was dh_clean. debhelper 7.something had a dh command that can take a bunch of different parameters.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post:
What the $%#$...
Yeah, I don't think I can help. But it's good you posted that, now someone else might be able to explain what to do (or why to give up).
If you didn't look already, there is a bit of info on how to use debhelper 7 here:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Packaging
They listed some required changes to the control and rules file you could try, but I'm not very optimistic. I always end up in dependency hell when trying to do anything.

Last edited by Creamy Goodness; 2011-05-25 at 17:19.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Okay... so in one of the most convoluted ways ever, I seem to have gotten something like what was supposed to be done with iw to happen.

I downgraded debhelper to 5.something, installed debhelper7, added /usr/bin/dh7 to $PATH, and with the debian/compat still being set at 5, everything magically worked. WTF? Now we just have to know if it worked right, and if so, did it work any differently than what I was doing before with the other debian/rules file copied and modified from aircrack-ng... In retrospect I also just realized I took my own thread massively off-topic. *Shrug*

Creamy Goodness, if I send you a set of .source.changes, .dsc, and .tar.gz files, can you make those into .debs and see if they install right on your end (I would, but as I said, I have horrible difficulty with making ,deb files in scratchbox on my end).

- Edit - Actually I just figured out how to get a .deb file along with source package... I'll text the iw .deb I just made on my N900 in a few minutes and go from there...

- Edit 2 -
AHA! It works. At least on my end. Alright, pushing to iw without aircrack-ng to -devel. Assuming the iw maintainer was right and I can do so without being the maintainer.

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2011-05-25 at 18:33.

Cool. Try enough random stuff, usually you get lucky! Let us know if that is true -- being able to push out the package properly without being the maintainer. I have to update Conky in the repo but I'm not the maintainer, it's a pain...