Notices

I have been looking into that one handaxe... and I have good and bad news

bad news it sounds like something in the pygame layer is teh busted and I am not sure what (beyond there are a few similar messages dotted about the forum for apps using pygame mixer - I have not seen any resolution though)

good news I can remove pygame.mixer out of the loop entirely (it's only used as a simple way to get the wav files in the right format) and hopefully this will remove this issue. I have tested the change here and it seems fine (but obviously having never reproduced the original issue that doesn't mean that much)...

However if you pm me your email, I can send you the changed unit tomorrow, which I will then integrate into the rest of the code if successful.

The Following User Says Thank You to tpd For This Useful Post:
Version 0.0.5 now uploaded, load times should be considerably improved, and dependency on pygame.mixer is now totally removed which should fix errors mentioning that (maybe )

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tpd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by tpd View Post
I have been looking into that one handaxe... and I have good and bad news

bad news it sounds like something in the pygame layer is teh busted and I am not sure what (beyond there are a few similar messages dotted about the forum for apps using pygame mixer - I have not seen any resolution though)

good news I can remove pygame.mixer out of the loop entirely (it's only used as a simple way to get the wav files in the right format) and hopefully this will remove this issue. I have tested the change here and it seems fine (but obviously having never reproduced the original issue that doesn't mean that much)...

However if you pm me your email, I can send you the changed unit tomorrow, which I will then integrate into the rest of the code if successful.
Well, well, well, look what works with the ltest update....

Nothing changed my side so well done! Assume testing of that unit unecessary now?

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
yeah No extra testing needed... the unit I was going to ask you to test is what I pushed in that release - since it seemed functional and is more optimised compared to what was there before.

Version 0.0.6 now uploaded... big change this one.... UI is now Qt based and a little nicer (even if the menu button currently does nothing - it will in v0.0.7, HONEST ). I am bound to have messed up the package somewhere, so feed back if it is in a non working state.

latency should (hopefully) be lower too.

Accelerometer drumming still just a noise generator at present.

Twitter
TeePeeD

and updated screenshot

Twitter
TeePeeD

Last edited by tpd; 2011-06-22 at 01:33. Reason: wrong screen shot

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by tpd View Post
Accelerometer drumming still just a noise generator at present.
...and my 2 year old thanks you for that tho that does cause me to fearf for my phone.

Posts: 535 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Republic of the Philippines
wow! i'll be waiting for this to be stable enough for regular users. thanks for the effort!

Handaxe..... well if you need a reason to upgrade come the n9 hour , shake away

Thanks Vetsin, I hope when (if) it makes it to that stability level you enjoy

Twitter
TeePeeD

Take it away Marco 0.0.8 uploaded this adds rudimantary looping recording and queueing support (with ability to save and open but currently only to a predefined file....

Next on the list: tidy Interface (which is now a pretty cluttered mess), and help button does nothing...

Also if any moderators are about would it be possible to move this to multimedia

Twitter
TeePeeD