Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Is it just me or is that old cartoons station (first on my list) unwatchably slow on the tablet?

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
No. I just turn it on to test it. The cartoons station works beautiful, smooth, watchable. And the channel next to it is talking about tourist in China, 5 stars hotel, good restaurant and some hot bath.......you do not have to know the language, just watch the scenery, like the movie "Into the wild", beautiful mountain scenery.

bun

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-04-17 at 00:03.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I've tried watching it right from the command line in mplayer, and the best I can get is about a minute of smooth video. I wonder if it is a slow network issue here? Maybe I should try streaming it to disk and try playing it from there?

Originally Posted by qole View Post
I've tried watching it right from the command line in mplayer, and the best I can get is about a minute of smooth video. I wonder if it is a slow network issue here? Maybe I should try streaming it to disk and try playing it from there?
I use media player. It plays somewhat more smooth then mplayer in general, except FoxNews, Thailand and Indonesia.

My system:

2.2007.51-3/N800/MMC boot
kmplayer 0.8.2-1
mplayer 1.0rc1-maemo.26.n8x0
media player?

bun

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Yeah, Media Player does a much better job of it, still not perfect, but a lot fewer hiccups. Interesting. GStreamer (the framework that Media Player is built on) is much better at network streaming than MPlayer. I get the feeling that network stuff is a late add-on to MPlayer, with a lot of work still yet to be done...

I'm coming to the conclusion that the developers should spend their time making the GStreamer codec support more robust, especially the FFMpeg plugin. That's the same codec "engine" that drives MPlayer, so in theory, they should be able to get Media Player playing all the same stuff that mplayer can play...

Last edited by qole; 2008-04-17 at 05:48.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
I'm a little lost on this.

Is there a way just to download whatever onto my computer and then transfer those files to the tablet?

Are you saying that for a mp4 file, there's no conversion tools needed to have them play on the tablet?

Finally, can I just download a video onto my tablet like Qole said or can it only be streamed?

Thanks!

i did wat was told at the first post and nothing comes out from the video..
i got the list in kmplayer but the screen on the right remains black.. ??

The Following User Says Thank You to toby.c13 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
I'm a little lost on this.
Are you saying that for a mp4 file, there's no conversion tools needed to have them play on the tablet?
...Thanks!
Correct.

You are welcome.

bun

Originally Posted by toby.c13 View Post
i did wat was told at the first post and nothing comes out from the video..
i got the list in kmplayer but the screen on the right remains black.. ??

The black square means,
1) no connection
2) connection is being made,
3) the tablet is thinking....

either move to different channel, the cartoon channel, the first should be a good one. Or just wait for awhile, like 1 - 2 min.
Hope this helps.

bun

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
So all these stations are live is that correct?

My internet connection must be horrid since I'm only able to get about 2 seconds of chunky video.

How do I go about streaming the video and saving it to the memory card, like qole said, or increasing the buffer size? I'm not seeing that as any option.

Also, it probably would be easier if I could just download an episode or TV show of my choice rather than streaming the live TV stations.

Any good links that someone could provide me with on this?

Thanks!