Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
Here's a better idea:
Assuming you have a desktop PC, get a new GPU, and use the cash you saved to buy your games.

There aren't any real console exclusives anymore unless you're into obscure JRPGs.
My computer needs processor and RAM to be updated, as well as motherboard too to upgrade GPU. It's like buying a whole new PC again. If I want to buy a PC that runs the games I want, it wouldn't cost less than $800.. I DON'T PIRATE GAMES for the last time! It's my country that doesn't sell except copies!!

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
PC+Steam.
The alpha and omega in distribution channels.

Also, take advantage of the seasonal sales.

EDIT: Specs? If it's newer than a Pentium 4, a nice GPU would do the trick. You'd be surprised to see how much the GPU has become the centerpiece of PC gaming.

Last edited by Hurrian; 2012-10-15 at 13:49.

PC+Steam.
The alpha and omega in distribution channels.

Also, take advantage of the seasonal sales.

EDIT: Specs? If it's newer than a Pentium 4, a nice GPU would do the trick. You'd be surprised to see how much the GPU has become the centerpiece of PC gaming.
Please, read. My dad couldn't care less about what I want, it's one of the extreme impossibilities to buy something online for me.
My processor is Dual Core 2GHz and the games I want need at least 2 cores, that's the prob.

I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Last edited by AMD; 2012-10-15 at 13:53.

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
You're between a rock and a hard place, then.

I would advise getting your games the legit way, though. Unfortunately, seeing as you don't have a way of getting a wide selection of legit games physically, and have no credit card of your own, I'd say you have only a few ways of getting games, most of which shouldn't be discussed here.

I'll refrain from the whole ethical aspect, piracy apologist, etc. arguments. They really aren't TMO discussion material.

Originally Posted by AMD View Post
It's not my choice, all of my country (almost all of it) sells copies.. No originals sadly.. Now should I travel to other countries just to get original games? It's not I'm poor.. But my dad couldn't care less about these stuff. And I am never with stealing and piracy & cracking but the country only sells pirated stuff
But understand that a vanilla PS3 or XBOX 360 will NOT play pirated games. You need a modded console for that. If you want to keep your modded console working, you should never ever connect it to the internet.

p.s. I think it's totally fine to pirate big games, e.g. MW3 grossed over 400 million USD within just 24 hours (the biggest entertainment launch of all time), and it's basically just MW2 with new skins..

Last edited by shinogami; 2012-10-15 at 14:07.

You're between a rock and a hard place, then.

I would advise getting your games the legit way, though. Unfortunately, seeing as you don't have a way of getting a wide selection of legit games physically, and have no credit card of your own, I'd say you have only a few ways of getting games, most of which shouldn't be discussed here.

I'll refrain from the whole ethical aspect, piracy apologist, etc. arguments. They really aren't TMO discussion material.
I know, I really hate this country.. Well, in short terms.. Xbox 360 or PS3? I believe it's Xbox 360 of what I heard till now.

Originally Posted by shinogami View Post
But understand that a vanilla PS3 or XBOX 360 will NOT play pirated games. You need a modded console for that. If you want to keep your modded console working, you should never ever connect it to the internet.
I will see what I can do..

Originally Posted by AMD View Post
I know, I really hate this country.. Well, in short terms.. Xbox 360 or PS3? I believe it's Xbox 360 of what I heard till now.
PS3. Reasons are in PM.

PS3. Reasons are in PM.
what PM ? I didnt recieve anything
Edit: nevermind..

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
Lebanon does have stores selling original games. You're just going to those cheap game stores which copy and sell for profit. Don't blame a country just because you couldn't find something on your own.

Go to a mall or some original Microsoft store where you'll buy your Xbox from and you'll get all original games.

Also, buying a console means you'll be spending sh*t loads of cash if you wanna enjoy new game titles every time one is released. And PS3 and Xbox 360 are over 6 years old now. The hardware is getting old. You can't upgrade it; you'll just have to live with it till they stop producing games or buy PS4 when it comes out.

If you compare the graphics and performance of PS3 and on a desktop computer with good components, then you'll be surprised at the difference. Desktop computers can be upgraded and still be used with MS or Sony or third party controllers. The performance is unparalleled. I would never buy a console for games as it's just a commercial way of selling them. The games were produced on a PC - they should be played on a PC.

Either way, it's just my opinion; today's technology is developing extremely fast, so buying a console at this time wouldn't be a good choice.

Oh and if you like modding and hacking your N9, you'd love modding a game. Damn, the possibilities are endless and.. that "open" feeling just isn't there on a console game.

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke