Posts: 66 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Dubai
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
Amen LOL I mean seriously - WTF! What was that all about, games? Here we do serious stuff like installing Android, MeeGo, Ubuntu etc etc as well lots of discussions about the future of the mobile phone industry. We don't bother with girlish games

Let girls be girls and men be men
I dont know if you're being funny or serious cuz i grew up in 80s got hooked to games through commodore 64, Amiga, PS2, PC 386, 486 DX2 , Pentium 90, AMD cpus, Intel MMx etc. Spent thousands of USDs upgrading my PCs over last decade not to mention 3 xbox360s. Frankly telling you, gaming is what kept me younger all these years and i dont think most girl gamers even know the difference between fps or tps. So calling games are for girls is just not right. Go visit N4G.com and see what kind of members are there.

Last edited by sak500; 2010-11-07 at 17:09.

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by WereCatf View Post
Are you saying serious discussions and testing new OSes is for men and games are for girls?
Of course. I haven't you seen all these dress me up games for iPhones and iPods. They are definitely made for girls (at all ages and both sex).

or - what I really mean is who gives a ****. We are talking about phones for christ sake.

Your choice

bravo sak500

The Following User Says Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
Posts: 255 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Finland
Of course. I haven't you seen all these dress me up games for iPhones and iPods. They are definitely made for girls (at all ages and both sex).
Just as well haven't you seen all those sex games/strip pokers/hentai games/whatnot in addition to all these stupid fart toys etc that are clearly aimed at men?

Point is that that's a pointless argument.

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Dubai
Just as well haven't you seen all those sex games/strip pokers/hentai games/whatnot in addition to all these stupid fart toys etc that are clearly aimed at men?

Point is that that's a pointless argument.
Better to sift through all the krap and find 1000s of gems than get 20 gems in last 12 months of n900s existence. I mean there are tons of fps games on iOS modern combat, N.O.V.A, racing games like reckless racing, NFS shift which eats the android version combined with Asphalt. ANd yes we got angry birds with 3 level packs on n900 and cried over new level maps and ate them like starving children of africa. Just visit apps store online there are 100s of variations of angry birds themed games but still unique in their own way and you'll never get tired of playing with them. BTW iOS also got Angry bird HAlloween edition. I still dint get time to finish angry birds level 7 and 8 yet where as on n900 that was the only game i played.

Anyway, i loved my n900 and the maemo community here but lets be realistic when all you have to wait is for a new fw to make you excited or porting another o/s cuz the current one just doesnt cut the cake it's time move on.

im' outta here for today atleast gotta hit my xbox360 for some vanquish.

Last edited by sak500; 2010-11-07 at 17:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to sak500 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
It's pretty sad to see this level of argument (trolling?) again and again. I notice that the cycle gets repeated everytime there's a new (vocal + biased) user who doesn't know TMO's legacy....
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
It's pretty sad to see this level of argument (trolling?) again and again. I notice that the cycle gets repeated everytime there's a new (vocal + biased) user who doesn't know TMO's legacy....
Cheer up What did you expect with a link like that in the first post? I find it very funny in a geekish sort of way.

Having said that, of course there are some truth in it, and that is why we find it funny. Girls love the iPhone, that is a fact. It is nothing wrong with that. Nevertheless, all the males who accidentaly or purposely take out their iPhone from their purse/pocket, should be aware of what signals they are sending out to the public. The iPhone is kind of yelling girl girl load and clear. Maybe not a big deal for some, but it is something to take into consideration IMHO

Posts: 255 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Finland
Nevertheless, all the males who accidentaly or purposely take out their iPhone from their purse/pocket, should be aware of what signals they are sending out to the public.
It sounds like a man who'd be worried to take iPhone out of his pocket is just insecure.

The Following User Says Thank You to WereCatf For This Useful Post:
Isn't is kind of hypocritical that some on this thread are being attacked for saying how the iphone has tons of games? Or is it just deceiving ourselves?

I say this because most times I come to this website one of the most recent posts is in one angrybirds thread or another. And there was sooooo much excitement with the running of palm pre games on the N900. If memory serves me right that thread has grown to over 600 posts in less than a week. There was also a thread about whether some new N8 QT games could be ported to N900. So many N900 users do care about games. Just that there are none. Attacking iphone for having what we want but do not have and pretending we do not want it shows immaturity.

The Following User Says Thank You to etuoyo For This Useful Post:
It sounds like a man who'd be worried to take iPhone out of his pocket is just insecure.
Yes, I agree. It is kind of the same insecurity you feel going to the gym wearing womens underwear for the first time. You have to gather every drop of manlihood to do that

Did a google search, and you gotta love

Tags
iphone, losers hating, other losers, subjective