Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
if nokias MeeGo does not have customizable home screens dont be surprised.
at LeWeb it was said Android & symbian was one way with its homescreens, iOS is another where you always start from the front door i.e home button and WP7 was an interesting and new way, but Nokias MeeGo will be something different.
I'm starting to think in terms of Panels what Collect and Gather your Data from the web and on device Media and stuff, something along the lines and little like Tablet MeeGo pre-alpha video b/c he talked about not needing to have you head down looking at device for long periods and then went on to talk about data gathering.

Last edited by NvyUs; 2010-12-24 at 09:33.

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by H3llb0und View Post
I know Flash is not perfect, nothing is.
But show me something better and I'll drop Flash in a heart beat.
Silverlight is a lot better.

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I don't need a replacement, except for embedded video, and HTML5 suits me fine for that purpose.
Most of the HTML5 sites are going to use H264 encoded videos which is a patented format and is probably not going to be able to be played by free software.
Is this really what you want?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
that was what i thought too. - but then, he talks about dali, not about meego. so... still not sure what to think of it. the only thing i know for sure is that if there's one company on the planet that could possibly ruin meego at this stage by bad management decisions, it's nokia.
okay, let's draw the worst case.
Nokia totally copies iOS regarding the UX. (I don't think this will be the case because of some statements they made and will make, like "Is there anything we can't do?" (marketing slogan) and that the Nokia UX will get the eyes up and will change everything, is something totally new)
But just let's say this will be the case.
This is only Nokias UX!
There is also Intel. They NEED MeeGo success. All the Intel AppUp Store ist build around MeeGo. Their MeeGo is heavily optimized for their VERY SUCCESSFULL Atom platform.
Also we've seen the awesome tablet UX.
Just take a guess: will there only be one tablet running MeeGo? Will there only be one mobile phone running MeeGo? Even: will there be only one mobile phone running MeeGo by Nokia?
And this is not taking all the other manufacturers in cosideration which are heavily interested in MeeGo.

So even if Nokia totally fails and within one year is completely doomend and killed there is NO WAY that MeeGo fails.

Last edited by zehjotkah; 2010-12-24 at 10:49.

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
its really misterious,with the n900 many people said:why the ui isn't a bit more iphone like?
now the n9 will be a little bit more iphone like everybody says:god damn i don't want a iphone clone.
common guys if the n9 gets a smart and fast UI like the iphone then whats the matter?

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atilla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
We also dropped flash now in favour of a browser with a more "iPhone" like "experience".
BRILLIANT MOVE!

Are they kidding? If I would have a iPhone I had already bought one.

Why should I buy a replica made by Nokia instead of the real Apple device?
If I wan't a Nokia I wouldn't buy a China replika at eBay. So why should I do so if I want a Apple like expirience. Why this strange tactic?

Let's hope some other vendors will understand that there must exist a alternative to Apple to attract new customers. I hope my N900 will survive as long as there is no other Device with such a great experience.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by atilla View Post
its really misterious,with the n900 many people said:why the ui isn't a bit more iphone like?
now the n9 will be a little bit more iphone like everybody says:god damn i don't want a iphone clone.
common guys if the n9 gets a smart and fast UI like the iphone then whats the matter?
those who want an iphone-"experience" can buy one anytime.
but there's people who want something better. the market needs choice, not clones.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
those who want an iphone-"experience" can buy one anytime.
but there's people who want something better. the market needs choice, not clones.
if there would be an open-source iphone with nokia like hardware,a good keyboard and open bluetooth i had already bought one

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to atilla For This Useful Post:
Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
Silverlight is a lot better.
Most of the HTML5 sites are going to use H264 encoded videos which is a patented format and is probably not going to be able to be played by free software.
Hmmm...let's see if I can fix this...

Silverlight...sites...use...a patented format and is probably not going to be able to be played by free software.

There!
Registered Linux user #266531.

The Following User Says Thank You to Crashdamage For This Useful Post:
I call bullocks!!! Nokia was the first to use full flash in mobiles, they have a good working relationship with adobe. Leaving out flash would, at the moment gives android a marketing boost of the 'full web browsing experience'. Meego was built as a mobile computer experience

Also, Nokia need not burn bridges, as they'll need flash on their tablet.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Odd_gunnic For This Useful Post:
Just seen this post on the same link:

http://lists.meego.com/pipermail/mee...er/002911.html
Looks like we might not have to worry about flash on meego for the N900 as we might not even get meego?

There is also a suggestion Quim might be leaving nokia.

Perhaps this is the start of an of meego becomming an iphone clone?

Last edited by droitwichgas; 2010-12-24 at 21:08.

Tags
die flash die, fock flash, its just a myth, lankku, n9 dali, n9 is gay, rumors, unfounded