Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by twigleaf1976 View Post
And silverlight isn't supported. (There version of flash)
Whut?

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
*notes that this is the third time he says something like the following...*

Windows Phone 7 dunno, but Windows CE on the N900, on the other side...

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Austria, Amstetten
OMg ... plz take my bmw 7 and replace the engine with one from nissan micra.... OMG HOW STUID IS THAT?!?!

19 Lockerz.com Invites Left -- PM me if you need one...

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7...enixsiggi1.gif @ mods plz allow me that pic....

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by ~phoenix~ View Post
OMg ... plz take my bmw 7 and replace the engine with one from nissan micra.... OMG HOW STUID IS THAT?!?!
Congratulations!

Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 179 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Yorkshire, UK
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Whut?
Read this, which is an interview with some MS bigwig on win7 phone OS.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/03...ils/page2.html

Read the second page.

Most notably these comments.
"That said, it seems there will be an exception. Kindel says that Microsoft is working with Adobe to bring the Flash runtime to Windows Phone 7, though it will not be ready "in this release," even though it is a native coded piece. I asked whether other runtimes such as Java might be supported? Kindel says it is unlikely."

And

"Which version of the .NET Framework is supported on Windows Phone 7? Kindel says it is a super-set of what Silverlight 3.0 provides, but does not include everything in Silverlight 4.0. He adds that although there are currently two distinct development platforms, Silverlight for general applications or XNA for games, Microsoft intends to bring them closer together in future."

So in the first release you don't get flash and the Silverlight you get ain't the version most people will be using.

Then reading further into the links, MS are splitting XNA for games and Silverlight for apps, with a view to merging later on, so the very future of silverlight is a bit shady.

This
"When building apps for Windows Phone 7, developers can choose between Silverlight, intended for general applications, or XNA, a .NET game development framework."

Is here.
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/03...ndows_phone_7/

So as a developer of apps for a win7 phone, what would you do? Learn one program language with bits removed - Silverlight, another XNA? To do a game and an app you need to learn both, which some might find easy, but most amateurs won't.

OR stuff it and do Apple and Android stuff.

The whole win7 interview is a list of things "not for this release."

I'm PRETTY sure that one day a coder will be able to install it on an N900. i mean for gods sake, we installed windows xp, mac osx and some Linux platforms on n900. o yea and android is on n900
It's just a matter of someone getting off his/her *** and start working on it.. i would, but i dunno how :P maybe someday

So yea, i think that there will be something like windows 7 phone on N900.

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Congratulations!

The car comparison is not that wrong.

See:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...419#post836419

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
Originally Posted by ammadtira View Post
No sir. really without any criticize. I am thankful to you ppl for answers and really appreciate for your concern to help.

If u can tell onething more, actually, its my first experience to work on Maemo. I used Microsoft Windows always on PC and symbian on Mobiles. So, when I saw WIndows Phone 7, the environment attracted me so I asked...
Well, you can almost always tell how good their future'll be by looking at their track record. In this case, M$ has a track record of dictating the hardware specs from smart phones to netbooks. So much so that M$ dictates the specs to its own demise! Just look at sales of netbook and it's own 'Kin' phone platform.

And why have I purchased n900? Answer is - to do away from M$ for good! No M$ whatever for me. I have being looking for ways even to get the community-driven Debian onto my N900. I have used Debian for my desktop and notebook for years and no problems whatsoever, zero concern with virus, no corrupted filesystem nor reformating every year or so. One word - happy life without M$ trouble!

So you like WP7, go ahead and 'enjoy' it.

The Following User Says Thank You to wongdg For This Useful Post:
i think it requires better spoecs than n900 the windows 7 phones are high end

Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
i don't need wm7 i want wm6.5.Kinda miss few things of it.

Tags
b s o d, douchebaggery, windoze, wrong forum