Notices

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by TrueJournals View Post
It seems you are running an old version of Chinook. My suggestion would be to upgrade to the latest version of diablo, which you can get from http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/nokia_N800.php (file RX-34_DIABLO_4.2008.23-14_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin). I will try to compile a version for chinook with the next release, but that's only if I can figure out how to get chinook and diablo running side-by-side in scratchbox...
for SB2 see http://maemo-sdk.garage.maemo.org/install.html

(It has support for diablo but it tries to grab the data from maemo.research.nokia.com which currently has no A record. I guess this is fixed soon.)

If all else fails, try installing a different application that requires python, like Canola or PyPackager. Since these are in the repositories, they will automatically take care of dependencies. Although, if pyRdesktop installed without any errors, that shouldn't be a problem...
I verified Python is installed and installed Canola and it works fine. When I try to run pyRdesktop....nothing. When I try to run it from a SSH session, I get the following

Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
Ah, yes, this is a bug identified earlier in this thread. It will be fixed in the next verison, but for a temporary fix, open rdesktop (the old GUI), fill in some values, check the save settings checkbox, and try to connect. Then, you can use pyRdesktop.

ghassane: For the sound issue, try unmuting your computer before you start the rdesktop session. For the public IP issue, the best advice I can give is make sure the port forward is enabled, and make sure you don't have any firewall software blocking that port on the computer (most firewalls can detect the difference between local and remote connections).
Actually, my computer becomes "mute" when i connect to it using rdesktop, not before. The remote connection session make it mute, i think. For firwall, i really don't know what is the problem. I shut down my firewall, forward router to mine but nothing. I don't know what is the cause BUT for sure this is independent of rdesktop, so thanks again .

Ah, yes, this is a bug identified earlier in this thread. It will be fixed in the next verison, but for a temporary fix, open rdesktop (the old GUI), fill in some values, check the save settings checkbox, and try to connect. Then, you can use pyRdesktop.
Problem is the old rdesktop 0.4 says Loading...., then nothing. I'll try it from a SSH session, where are the files located?

You should just be able to type rdesktop and have it load.

Now I get
rdesktop: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.0.9.7: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I think I've just looped around to where I started

Found this on another thread for someone having the same problem running rdesktop:
That is because libcrypto (OpenSSL) is upgraded to 0.9.8 on Diablo. You'll have to recompile the package, wait for a Diablo version, or hack around this.

Found a version complied for Diablo in same thread http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=21614
and it works and so does pyRdesktop now!!!

Just went back to reread the above thread and found out it was you who recompiled it for Diablo

Last edited by Sparks; 2008-08-17 at 01:30.

Sparks: Glad to hear you got it working!

I finally got switching out of rdesktop working, but not quite the way I expected to... You press the fullscreen button, and that brings the remote desktop out of full screen. From there, you can switch to other windows, etc. Also, all the windows are labelled with the profile name, so if you have multiple sessions open, it's easy to keep them straight. Pressing the fullscreen button again will bring it back to fullscreen mode. I'll try to post a video preview tomorrow.

I just have some final touches for the next version, so it should be out in the next couple of days. The new version is MUCH improved from the current one. Oooh... the anticipation ;-)

The Following User Says Thank You to TrueJournals For This Useful Post:
the link seems to be broken.. can you re-upload?

Sorry... it was accidentally deleted... Fixed!

Tags
diablo, gui, rdesktop