Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by Soulfarmer View Post
While still tmo noob, I already feel like this talk about N920 is all about whether or not to get N900 just "cuz the next device is almost here". What would doubters do closer to the release of supposed N920? Start waiting for the next device to be announced?

The wheel has already been invented, there is no more "the last invention to wait for, start buying now". There will always be the next thing.

Passing on rumors like this, it almost feels like fud. And I repeat, I don't know anything, all I write is based on how I react to posts in here. Well maybe that wasn't a repeat after all.
Alot of us believe that because of the smaller screen, we do not consider the N900 an internet tablet, just a really good smart phone. Until the release of an additional model, we can only hope.

The Following User Says Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,635 | Thanked: 1,816 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Manchester, England
my personal wish since this is a fake thread
to buy *any* nokia device and be able to choose the OS

N97+maemo - sure

N900 with s60 - ok sir.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by Den in USA View Post
Alot of us believe that because of the smaller screen, we do not consider the N900 an internet tablet, just a really good smart phone. Until the release of an additional model, we can only hope.
I guess you wouldn't consider a device with a 5" screen an internet tablet either then?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Alot of us believe that because of the smaller screen, we do not consider the N900 an internet tablet...
Perhaps it's more an intranet tablet.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
I guess you wouldn't consider a device with a 5" screen an internet tablet either then?
You are right, I would not consider a device with a 5" screen a "pocket" sized internet tablet. For example, I had a 3.5" Garmin gps. Then I bought a 4.2" one, much bigger screen. When I later checked out 5" gps receivers, they were just too big to be carried around in my pocket. If I were 6' 5" and 280 lbs, my bigger pockets would probably hold a 5" device.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Den in USA For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Too bad there's no possibility for anything other than an "Internet Tablet" or a "really good smartphone". Because I can't get the N900 to fit into either of those pockets.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
Too bad there's no possibility for anything other than an "Internet Tablet" or a "really good smartphone". Because I can't get the N900 to fit into either of those pockets.
My first Nokia mobile phone was so big that I left it in the glove box in my car! ( I quess I could have carried a really big "man" purse).

I love my man bag almost as much as my tablet. Now all I need is a new appropriately sized (paperback) tablet and I'll be over the moon.

Of course there are lots of other requirements otherwise I would just have bought a smart Q5. Upgrade the N810 dammit!

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
You are right, I would not consider a device with a 5" screen a "pocket" sized internet tablet. For example, I had a 3.5" Garmin gps. Then I bought a 4.2" one, much bigger screen. When I later checked out 5" gps receivers, they were just too big to be carried around in my pocket. If I were 6' 5" and 280 lbs, my bigger pockets would probably hold a 5" device.
Originally Posted by qole View Post

Damn, it feels good to be a big man.

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
for some reason i feel that N920 = no hw keyboard + digital compass + maemo 5.5 + smaller size + bigger screen + june 2010...is just right...

Tags
no value whatsoever, smart-talk