Active Topics

it has become clear that the n900 doesnt have voice dialing and that there is no handwriting recognition.

does anyone know whether it has the ability/option of announcing the incomming callers name, as the symbian devices can per default?

Wow it doesn't have voice dialing? I thought every phone had that as a standard feature now (even my cheap free Sprint phone has that). Granted it works like 50% of the time..

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

i was wondering: if the physical volume buttons zoom in and out, how do i influence videos on the net?? obviously sites like youtube hoave their own volume regulation, but others dont, so how do i increase and decrease the volume here??

Originally Posted by Raubtier View Post
i was wondering: if the physical volume buttons zoom in and out, how do i influence videos on the net?? obviously sites like youtube hoave their own volume regulation, but others dont, so how do i increase and decrease the volume here??
Click on the status area (the one showing battery life etc) and you'll get a volume control.

The Following User Says Thank You to access For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Raubtier View Post
That is a good question (I see someone has answered this already below), I'd not thought about how to actually change the volume when web browsing!

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Wow it doesn't have voice dialing? I thought every phone had that as a standard feature now (even my cheap free Sprint phone has that). Granted it works like 50% of the time..
I didn't even know that there are people, who use voice dialing?

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
It's a lot of use if you are driving at the time! Granted you have to impersonate the Speak & Spell machine from the 80's but it does seem to work ok.

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 572 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford
Originally Posted by Dexter1759 View Post
no DRM would mean no iPlayer downloads!!
Not necessarily. This tool was designed on desktop systems, but I can't see any reason it wouldn't run on an N900:
http://linuxcentre.net/getiplayer/