Active Topics

I am familiar with a few mail forwarders but not sure which to use. I am only looking to use it once as I only want to buy this item.

A site called Price USA offered me about 650 all up with shipping. Which is about $90 more than what someone in the US would pay.
Are there any better deals out there in terms of mail forwarding?

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Chicago/D.C./Katowice
Originally Posted by spinnukur View Post
Well...that sucks. I've never purchased anything from Buy.com, I take it there just like Amazon, but how are they customer service wise, ordering processing, etc?

Guess I'll wait a week to see if Amazon lowers there price.
ive ordered a few things from buy.com, never noticed a difference between them and amazon

i went ahead and switched

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted by paul. View Post
I am familiar with a few mail forwarders but not sure which to use. I am only looking to use it once as I only want to buy this item.

A site called Price USA offered me about 650 all up with shipping. Which is about $90 more than what someone in the US would pay.
Are there any better deals out there in terms of mail forwarding?
I'm using Bongo International. Int'l Shipping should be about US$40 plus, for a one off shipment, they charge US$8.50 so you are looking at about US$50 on top of whatever price you pay for the N900 and local US shipping.

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Originally Posted by mobiledivide View Post
The prices at buy.com are great but if for any reason you have to return the N900 get ready for DRAMA! I have tried to return a faulty E71 once and a monitor with pressure damage once. The monitor managed to be replaced after about a week of back and forth. The E71 turned into a month long saga involving managers and threats before I got a refund for the faulty phone. Needless to say I will never do business with them again.
Hmmm...I hate drama, the hassle free drama that is Amazon customer service might be worth the extra $20

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
Originally Posted by spinnukur View Post
Hmmm...I hate drama, the hassle free drama that is Amazon customer service might be worth the extra $20
Without a doubt, after probably 25 Amazon purchases and zero problems versus 3 buy.com purchases and 2 problems (never a problem with delivery, they are very fast actually), I'll leave my money over at Amazon and eat the $20 for peace of mind.

The Following User Says Thank You to mobiledivide For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by Zelig87 View Post
You have to use a Package Forwarding company.

You sign up with the Package Forwarder and they give you a US Address to use on your order at Buy.com or Amazon.

Buy.com/Amazon ship your N900 to that US Address and then the Package Forwarder does the international shipping to get it to you.

Just a note about buying from the USA if you aren't an American. If anything goes wrong, you're in for a taste of blackest hell trying to get your warranty honoured.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 569 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ District of Columbia
Originally Posted by mobiledivide View Post
Without a doubt, after probably 25 Amazon purchases and zero problems versus 3 buy.com purchases and 2 problems (never a problem with delivery, they are very fast actually), I'll leave my money over at Amazon and eat the $20 for peace of mind.
I've done allot of business with Amazon and they've always taken care of me.

On another note, I was browsing UK cell company sites and WTF??? I wish our damn cell providers here offered us free Nintendo Wii's, Sony 12 megapixel cameras, GPS units as well as getting free phones...

I wonder when the batch of Amazon and Buy.com will be shipped.

Posts: 93 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sydney, Australia
Originally Posted by qole View Post
Just a note about buying from the USA if you aren't an American. If anything goes wrong, you're in for a taste of blackest hell trying to get your warranty honoured.
That's ok. Unless it is DOA, I can't imagine I would ever be bothered with trying to make a warranty claim in the USA for a AUD$700 device. Wouldn't be worth the time, hassle, shipping costs etc.

Buying, in effect, without a warranty is part of the price of wanting to be bleeding edge here Down Under.

Last edited by Zelig87; 2009-10-06 at 08:30.

Originally Posted by Zelig87 View Post
I'm using Bongo International. Int'l Shipping should be about US$40 plus, for a one off shipment, they charge US$8.50 so you are looking at about US$50 on top of whatever price you pay for the N900 and local US shipping.
I heard they were only $5 for a one off. That's what their site says. But $50 on top sounds good

When will you be ordering?

Tags
buy.com, n900, pre-order