Notices

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on May 2007 @ BKNYC
nice work....going to see what else is possible with this....rotating is quit impossible, well thats what the devs at the access forum told me.
but with this find of yours...maybe just maybe we can make pose usable on maemo....

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Rexburg, Idaho
OMG I cant believe I didnt see this before. This is awesome.

not sure if its all that awesome....the project dev dropped out of site....
the hacked the individual before me for skin mod doesn't work....
it would be a nice project..if we can get it to work nice with the n800 or 770

2 days, 2 nights is how long it took me to freaking figure this whole thing out....

First of, keyboard is definitely needed until this thing gets some sort of hildonizing done to it to add a drop down menu.
If you are like moi and cannot afford a bluetooth keyboard yet.
Synergy is the next best thing.
Its somewhere on maemo.org.

but I have a working PalmOS Emulator on my N800, for you guys who own a 770 just download the modified ROM&skins pack I up'ed, and that should work fine.
READ the readme files.

To get you started I'm providing all the Files needed, starting with the .debs

FLTK-1.1.7 POSE depends on this package.
Download and install from Xterminal with the command dpkg -i <debpack>

PalmOS Emulator
Download and install from Xterminal with the command dpkg -i <debpack>

ROMS&skins
In this pack you will find 2 folders.
The skins folder containing the m130 and the m505 modified skins.
The ROMS folder containing the m130 4.1 rom and the m505 4.0 rom.
Also README files in both folders.

Pictures of the skins of course.
m130
m505

Video
m130 skin at work....

N800 users installing the .deb packs will provide and icon for POSE in the extras folder...and you life will be easy...

770 users start up pose with Pupniks compiled version of POSE from command line.

thats all I have.....be glad to answer questions.
As for feed back for features, wrong person to ask. Not good at all hildon or anything at that.

Edit:

The debs will install via the Application Manager now.

hardkeys are mapped....figure them out.......
The FULLSCREEN key is the most important, but we are not at fullscreen yet.
so right now its map to another important feature and thats right click.
VOLUME keys are for scrolling up and down.
ENTER is mapped to that center square key, I don't think I have to tell you how whats the keys around it are mapped to.
figure out the rest.

Eleminating the need for a keyboard is still not 100%.
on start up you will need to use a keyboard to right click which is the only time you will need it.

The links are all updated.

The skins are all update also, if you know how to use The GIMP, then I included some .xpf files.
Screw around with them, make your own skins for god sakes..

EDITED

Last edited by unique311; 2007-06-23 at 15:54.

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Sorry i haven't been able to do anything with this. I'd like to thank Unique311 for the new double size skin -- looks great!

Since the handwriting recognition doesn't yet work, and afaict there's no easy way to pop-up the hildon virtual keyboard, i still think a rotated version is necessary to have space for a pose-skin virtual keyboard.

Am i wrong here? Another option might be running it in landscape mode and placing alphanumeric keys on either side of the main POSE screen. It wouldn't be querty, but we'd save the hassle of hacking the display routines.

* What changes did you make to POSE sourcecode, if any?
* Have you been able to load/save files within POSE yet?
* Please upload package source so I can compile a N770 .deb

cheers

Originally Posted by ArnimS View Post
Sorry i haven't been able to do anything with this. I'd like to thank Unique311 for the new double size skin -- looks great!

Since the handwriting recognition doesn't yet work, and afaict there's no easy way to pop-up the hildon virtual keyboard, i still think a rotated version is necessary to have space for a pose-skin virtual keyboard.

Am i wrong here? Another option might be running it in landscape mode and placing alphanumeric keys on either side of the main POSE screen. It wouldn't be querty, but we'd save the hassle of hacking the display routines.

cheers
hmmm, hildon pop-up keyboard for pose....out of my league.
A pose skin with a virtual keyboard not sure that would work for the m130 or m505.
you would have to get roms for (treo90, treo270, treo k180), that have a keyboard. Gave the ROMs for those devices a try and they do not work on the Emulator3.5. Further research shows that those roms work on the 3.0 emulator. Koders.com have a version of the source code, but it looks like every single file has to be download individually.
Could definitely split that keyboard in half, and make a skin that would definitely work.
PDAEXPERT
breaks down which emulator is using which roms and skins.
the clie is compatible 3.2
handspring is compatible with 3.0
Handera is compatible with 3.1
the tungsten W is compatible with 3.0
not sure if thats the math...but this is what Im getting from downloading the different emulators and roms....

now for your questions.
made changes to one file and that file is ->>Emwindow<-- located in the sharedsrc folder.
that modification was to bound the hardware keys to the skins buttons, Not sure if the next version release should include a skin with hardkeys.

Yes, memopad and notes(think its done using the apps DataBase). Not sure this is quite what you mean.
also session wise. you can can save a snapshot of your current pose activities. advise people to save their sessions after installing applications.
you can do this manually or have it done automatically.
Automatically= right click>settings>preferences> select Always save settings.

You're on IRC ask me for the file.....or I can easily paste the line of code for you of the change I did to Emwindow.

Using FLTK 1.1.7 source from debian.
also using pose 3.5 source from debian.
everything was already patched, and good to go.

Hello folks,

This might be a nice project but as there is no documentation and
no readme files in the Rom&Skin package it's hard to run and then
to get an opinion.

So it will be nice if someone, who says it's working fine for me is able
to say how to run the thing afer installing it.

Thanks in advance for who will render this thread more usefull than to
have to dig google.

Regards

Has anyone tried the Slingplayer Beta for Palm OS under POSE? The requirements state you need a Treo 700p or 755p, which I believe run too new of a Palm OS, but it would be a great solution to using a Slingbox with a 770...

Using Xkbd and Pose, is there a button on the virtual keyboard that would simulate the right mouse click needed to open the drop menu?

Thsi application is fantastic, I can now run my favorite Palm applications, which, I forgot to mention crash under Garnet VM, but work fine under pose (abeit slowly). What can be done to speed-up pose, is there any combination of palm device/skin/preferences that would make it work a little faster, like for instance lowering the refresh rate or anything of the like?