Notices

Posts: 1,671 | Thanked: 11,478 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Warsaw, Poland

^ One of those proof of concepts I'll probably get burned at the stake for doing. Osso-icons from Fremantle SDK, Mer, FVWM and Fremantle Hildon Application Manager with en_US strings by timeless. I call the UI 'theme'/layout "Freemantle"

Based on FVWM layout by zenvoid.
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Right, some screen shots in my series of "What if we had osso-icons and hildon-theme-alpha open-sourced, and a FVWM based hildon desktop for 770/N8x0s and this in Mer":

and hildon-home from Fremantle in very raw form:

So who's up for designing/creating open replacements for these?
As you go on to other communities, remember to build them around politeness, respect, trust and humility. Be wary of poisonous people and deal with them before they end up killing your community.. Seen it happen to too many IRC channels, forums, open source projects.

Last edited by Stskeeps; 2009-08-19 at 18:19.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Mer Theme I've been playing with still needs a lot of work but at the stage Mer is at I'm holding to finish it I think I will port it over to Diablo instead for now.
Attached Images

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to andrewfblack For This Useful Post:
Mer whatever-version, the template from Kontorri's Theme Maker, some hacks and 40 lines of awesome-wm lua scripting:

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Okay, this is one of those screenshots that make zero sense without explanation.

This is Fremantle hildon-desktop, mesa SW render, running on X86 in a VirtualBox. It's obviously Mer. I wonder how slow it actually is if you cut out transitions and put them on a OMAP2 device..

Last edited by Stskeeps; 2009-09-24 at 22:17.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 607 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Stskeeps View Post
Okay, this is one of those screenshots that make zero sense without explanation.

This is Fremantle hildon-desktop, mesa SW render, running on X86 in a VirtualBox. It's obviously Mer. I wonder how slow it actually is if you cut out transitions and put them on a OMAP2 device..
Back to Xorg..

No replacement yet but my Touch Book arrived in Finland today, i'll get it soon.

Just a very ugly proof of concept that stylus keyboards -actually- work on Fremantle desktop. Oh, and this is on a N810.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Stskeeps For This Useful Post:
Posts: 473 | Thanked: 141 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Virginia, USA
Originally Posted by meizirkki View Post
No replacement yet but my Touch Book arrived in Finland today, i'll get it soon.
meizirkki,

Please let me know what you think of the touchbook? I have been dying to get one, but there have been enough question marks to keep me from spending the money...I have heard about construction problems, balance problems (minor for me), and that they are slooow, compared to an equivalently priced Intel netbook. But they are so cool, and a natural extension for an N8x0 user.

So could you PM me with your impressions or post a review in competitors?

Thanks,
--vr

Originally Posted by VulcanRidr View Post
meizirkki,

Please let me know what you think of the touchbook? I have been dying to get one, but there have been enough question marks to keep me from spending the money...I have heard about construction problems, balance problems (minor for me), and that they are slooow, compared to an equivalently priced Intel netbook. But they are so cool, and a natural extension for an N8x0 user.

So could you PM me with your impressions or post a review in competitors?

Thanks,
--vr
Sure, when i get it (hopefully on Monday)

Tags
desktop, mer, picture, pictures, screenshot, screenshots