Maybe we can convince a cell phone accessory manufacturer to make us a new back with a more optimal lens cover arrangement and a kckstand for a better viewing angle while they are at it!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Renesis For This Useful Post:
unbelievable. this flash reflection on the lens is the EXACT same problem our white N97 has, i cant believe its not more of an issue than it is, it really makes the camera unusable, and then this, the identical problem with the N900!

cmon nokia, its part cameraphone, this is fundamental

The Following User Says Thank You to jerryfreak For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jerryfreak View Post
unbelievable. this flash reflection on the lens is the EXACT same problem our white N97 has, i cant believe its not more of an issue than it is, it really makes the camera unusable, and then this, the identical problem with the N900!

cmon nokia, its part cameraphone, this is fundamental
Well I wouldnt say the camera is unusable - I have taken a number of very good pictures with it. I would say that it needs a little hackage to fix this issue however
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Perhaps we could see a non shiny cover with a battery extension kit? Extra chunkiness be damned, the 1320mah is too weak for the N900.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rushmore For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
the sharpie won't work. first thing i tried. and it wiped off easily. it needsm to be a flat black or other color. the paint in the link should be perfect.

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Whitfield
Hi everyone, also suffering this issue. In my eye's this is a huge design floor by Nokia and should be fixed at no extra cost, if a product isn't fit for use in all purposes there is no point adding it to the phone. I have contacted Nokia this evening by email and will post the reply here when I get irt. In the mean time I suggest everyone does the same and spreads the word, hopefully if we bombard them enough they will solve the issue and fix it free of charge for us. pass this on to people even if they haven't had the issue as it may just be they haven't realised. Cheers everyone!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mattmills8133 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mattmills8133 View Post
Hi everyone, also suffering this issue. In my eye's this is a huge design floor by Nokia and should be fixed at no extra cost, if a product isn't fit for use in all purposes there is no point adding it to the phone. I have contacted Nokia this evening by email and will post the reply here when I get irt. In the mean time I suggest everyone does the same and spreads the word, hopefully if we bombard them enough they will solve the issue and fix it free of charge for us. pass this on to people even if they haven't had the issue as it may just be they haven't realised. Cheers everyone!
And exactly how would you have them fix this issue - short of sending everyone who purchased and n900 a new back plate. Since we cant just pop the bezel off - thats about the only way I can see it happening - and I REALLY don't think thats going to occur.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Its a good idea, but i doubt that they would even considering shipping out new back covers to the consumers for free.. But im gonna help by contacting Nokia also my self. Then only time will tell what their next move will be

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kevven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
And exactly how would you have them fix this issue - short of sending everyone who purchased and n900 a new back plate. Since we cant just pop the bezel off - thats about the only way I can see it happening - and I REALLY don't think thats going to occur.
Might as well. Not like there are a ton of devices out and about anyways- figuratively or maybe not even literally

Get rid of the chrome bling! I noticed the issue on my first picture, but thought it was user error. Not taken too many pictures with Flash. Still, how in the heck did they miss this in hardware QA?

added:

Seems a defect in design, so they would be obligated in coming up with say correction.

Last edited by Rushmore; 2009-12-13 at 23:53.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rushmore For This Useful Post:
Posts: 71 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Brighton, UK
Now here's something interesting. The device I took those 2 christmas tree pictures with was suffering from the random reboot problem that some people have reported. I took it back to the Nokia store in London today and got it replaced with one that doesn't reboot all the time.

Here's a picture of the exact same christmas tree, taken with the new device with the back on:

Name:  20091213_005.jpg
Views: 1128
Size:  60.8 KB

All conditions exactly the same as yesterday. No reflection from the flash! This has got me scratching my head...

Is it possible that the small number of devices which suffer from random reboots do so because they've been put together badly? This might cause the flash LEDs to be fitted sufficiently out of alignment to cause the flare that I saw with my first one.

Naturally, I've got no evidence to support such a claim. Just seems odd that one device suffers from the problem while the other one doesn't.

Tags
don't forget to thank, haze, image quality, lack of quality control, n900, photo quality, photograph quality, photographs, photography, photos, remove backplate