Posts: 12 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Stockholm
Originally Posted by Groncho View Post
Did just that, but I think its going to just get added again next time you type it, oh well here's how:
Code:
cd .osso/dictionaries
vi .personal.dictionary

use arrow keys to go to your password, press x (works like delete key) untill you delete the password and ^X (where x is random character)

now to save type 
:x
Hopefully this works, I'm just guessing on the deleting the ^X part..
Thanks! This worked well for me. I had to delete / correct each word at about 5-7 occurencies in the .used.dictionary-file

Originally Posted by g-man View Post
my dictionaries are here:
Code:
Nokia-N900:/home/user/.osso/dictionaries#
Thanks for the reply, unfortunatly this returned "not found"

g-man: to confirm autocomplete was activated before entering any command.

My system seems to be different to other users, any thoughts?
I'd be especially interested to hear form other UK users who could replicate this issue.

Originally Posted by Groncho View Post
Did just that, but I think its going to just get added again next time you type it, oh well here's how:
Code:
cd .osso/dictionaries
vi .personal.dictionary

use arrow keys to go to your password, press x (works like delete key) untill you delete the password and ^X (where x is random character)

now to save type 
:x
Hopefully this works, I'm just guessing on the deleting the ^X part..

Just wanted to say thanks - I followed this and it worked! :-) I had some incorrectly typed words I needed to remove.

I used both "vi .used.dictionary" and "vi .personal.dictionary" to search.

Dunno if this may help some people... I wasn't so familiar with vi commands...

I used "/<search string> <return>" to find the incorrectly typed words, "n" to find further occurrences, and then "h" or "l" to move left or right. And then as mentioned previously, "x" to delete each character, including the "^B" (or some other upper case letter). (The "^B" is one character!)

And then I used ":wq" to save the changes and exit vi, or ":q!" to exit without saving. (I was worried about messing the files up.)

I then also needed to turn off and then on again Text Input | Word completion in Settings.

Weird thing is, I have a word "i''v" which I tried a number of times to remove, but couldn't. But this did work for the other words I wanted to remove.