Notices

Originally Posted by 白い熊 View Post
This emacs doesn't work on the N900, as it was built for 810, key input is non-working. That's why I built this one.

Also, it was only 22, this one is 23.1.
Thanks *so much* for putting this build together, it works amazingly well.

I notice a minor bug in org-mode (org-remember is broken) that I know was fixed in a 23.1.1 update (I saw it on Fedora 12 GA but it was fixed shortly after in an update). Any chance you could respin your version from the latest 23.1.1 release branch? Alternatively, are your Makefile and build instructions available anywhere?

Thanks much,
--Hugh

P.S. Anyone else using org-mode on n900?

I use org-mode, but not org-remember, therefore I haven't run into problems.

Tried compiling 23.1.1 some time ago and it wouldn't, don't remember why, so no plans for this one on the N900.

Actually, I take it back, it is now working fine. Must have been a bug in my .emacs. It has something to do with the number of args in the config list for C-c-r-t (remember a Task item).

Anyway, thanks again for the effort!

Actually, I take it back too...

This is 23.1.1, I meant I had problems with 23.1.90, aka 23.2...

First off, thank you!

I was wondering if you know how to make emacs display unicode characters when running in the terminal? They just show up as question marks. edit: Nevermind, set-terminal-coding-system fixed it.

Also I was playing with the maemo 5 sdk the other day and I can't get emacs to compile with the target set to armel. qemu segfaults when it tries running temacs.... Is that normal? how did you get it to compile?

Last edited by svanheulen; 2010-01-15 at 05:28.

I've compiled and packaged GNU Emacs 23.1.1 for the Nokia N900 GNU mobile phone:

http://sumoudou.org/0/14.html

The install package is fully optified.

UPDATE: 2009-12-15-174333 Installation deb package on the GNU Emacs page in the link updated and uploaded again.
I've installed this following the "Basic" section. Unfortunately, the "Fix the maximization" [1] step doesn't seem to work for me. The minibuffer is not visible, regardless of whether ~/.emacs is there or not. From checking with "emacs.sh -nw" [2], I know that the maximize-frame function is there. However, running it makes no visible difference either in X window or in no-window (-nw) mode.

I'd appreciate help in getting a visible minibuffer.

Best regards, Jan

[1] http://sumoudou.org/%E7%9B%B8%E6%92%...ia%20N900.html
[2] As a micro-improvement, I've appended "$*" to the line in emacs.sh, so additional command line parameters are passed through to emacs

Originally Posted by svanheulen View Post
Also I was playing with the maemo 5 sdk the other day and I can't get emacs to compile with the target set to armel. qemu segfaults when it tries running temacs.... Is that normal? how did you get it to compile?
Yeah, of course it's normal, emacs first compiles itself than uses the temacs compiled to further proceed in compilation. I doubt you can crosscompile it from scratchbox. I compiled it on the N900 directly...

Originally Posted by jtkim View Post
I've installed this following the "Basic" section. Unfortunately, the "Fix the maximization" [1] step doesn't seem to work for me. The minibuffer is not visible, regardless of whether ~/.emacs is there or not. From checking with "emacs.sh -nw" [2], I know that the maximize-frame function is there. However, running it makes no visible difference either in X window or in no-window (-nw) mode.
I have it working perfectly.

Make sure, you got ttf-droid installed.

Then add this to .emacs:

(set-default-font "-unknown-Droid Sans Mono-normal-normal-normal-*-20-*-*-*-m-0-iso10646-1")
(require 'maxframe)
(add-hook 'window-setup-hook 'maximize-frame t)
(maximize-frame)

I have it working perfectly.

Make sure, you got ttf-droid installed.

Then add this to .emacs:

(set-default-font "-unknown-Droid Sans Mono-normal-normal-normal-*-20-*-*-*-m-0-iso10646-1")
(require 'maxframe)
(maximize-frame)

I tried a variety of things, to no avail.

I have ttf-droid installed:
Code:
~ $ dpkg -l '*droid*'
ii  ttf-droid      1.01-dfsg0maem Font, used by Google's Android, with extensi
I have the necessary code in .emacs:
Code:
(set-default-font "-unknown-Droid Sans Mono-normal-normal-normal-*-20-*-*-*-m-0-
(add-to-list 'load-path "/usr/local/share/elisp")                               
(require 'maxframe)                                                             
(maximize-frame)
The only difference to your code above is the add-to-list statement. I know that maxframe.el is loaded on startup, as invoking describe-function for "mf" gives me
[CODE
]mf is an alias for `maximize-frame' in `maxframe.el'.

(mf)

Maximizes the frame to fit the display if under a windowing
system.
[/CODE]
Also, changing the "20" in the set-default-font statement does change the font size, so I know that the startup file is processed. The attached screenshot shows the emacs window I'm getting.
Either I'm stupidly missing something obvious, or the frame size problem has changed somehow.

I'd appreciate any pointers.

Best regards & thanks in advance, Jan
Attached Images

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Copenhagen
For me it works, if I simply put the following in my .emacs:

Code:
(set-default-font "Droid Sans Mono-10")
(require 'maxframe)
(maximize-frame)
I have also disabled menu-bar-mode and tool-bar-mode (I always do that on any system -- all they do is take up space)

The Following User Says Thank You to filologen For This Useful Post: