Active Topics

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 229 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Missouri, USA
Like I said before, the wrapsol covered the proximity sensor, the zagg did not. Otherwise, the proximity sensor works perfectly fine. Sorry about the delayed response.

Originally Posted by gohan2091 View Post
Apologises if this has been asked before, I did search for the word "case" but it came back with hundreds of irrelevant results.

My n900 arrived today and I have yet to turn it on. I am awaiting arrival of my Vikuiti DQC-160 screen protector which will hopefully ensure my screen remains scratch free. What about the overall device though? How do I keep this as in tip top condition while using the device daily?

I need some kind of case... does anyone have suggestions? It must look nice, be comfortable and not block any of the ports. If the case is just to store the device in e.g. a good leather pouch, this is acceptable but ideally a suit of armour permanently attached to the device woud be best. A good example of a suit of armour is the Thrustmaster DSi case:

It protects the Nintendo DSi perfectly while being comfortable, looking cool and not blocking any function/port.
I just applied "Clear Protector" on my N900 yesterday. Takes time to apply but worth it. I think the screen was more responsive when I applied the lens protector. Before I had the lens protector installed I have a hard time scrolling up and down. The scroll bar would not respond to my fingers all the time and doesn't respond that fast with tapping especially when my hands are sweaty. After I had the lens protector installed the response is much better and fast. It's not as glossy and smooth as the N900 lens I guess the reason why it respond much better with tapping and sliding. Not sure if it's because of friction.

I had the full bodied protector on my N900. Really nice.

This is where I got it (still on sale): http://cgi.ebay.com/INVISIBLE-Full-B...item5ad5e196ed

I think they ship international.

Their website: http://www.clearprotector.com/

You have to wet your hands well to avoid fingerprints on the protector.

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by aspidites View Post
Like I said before, the wrapsol covered the proximity sensor, the zagg did not. Otherwise, the proximity sensor works perfectly fine. Sorry about the delayed response.
Where is the proximity sensor? Is it something you can see? I mean if I had a series of frontal screen protectors in front of me, would I be able to see what ones would block the proximity sensor and what wouldn't by eye alone?

Thanks everyone else for their suggestions but I already have the Wrapsol here now. I plan to use the back of Wrapsol and a screen protector from Vikuiti.

Originally Posted by gohan2091 View Post
Where is the proximity sensor? Is it something you can see? I mean if I had a series of frontal screen protectors in front of me, would I be able to see what ones would block the proximity sensor and what wouldn't by eye alone?

Thanks everyone else for their suggestions but I already have the Wrapsol here now. I plan to use the back of Wrapsol and a screen protector from Vikuiti.
Hi, I have clearprotector and its made from the same stuff Zagg protectors are made from and my front screen protector covers the screen but because it is optically clear it does not hinder the proximity sensor.

The proximity sensor is found and can be seen on your nokia n900. Look at the 3 circles to the right of the nokia logo. The circle closest to the speakerphone is the proximity sensor and when you call someone just place your thumb over it and it will cause the screen to go black.

I do not have wrapsol but I wanted to get wrapsol because wrapsol has a matte finish and i hear it feels better and looks better than the glossy. I must admit the glossy finish, to me, doesnt look great- shiny with tons of fingerprints. And my screen protector from clearpotector is coming out in the back edges but they will give me another one if i applied it wrong.

Wrapsol should be optically clear so it should not affect the proximity sensor IMO

I ordered a silicone case from Pdair and the cover is upside down. The proximity sensor was covered by the case and there was a hole for the sensors near the led in the bottom left. Not recommended.